FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 14 Preview on External Monitor - Half the Display is Off the Edge of Screen

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Riggan Rose
Vegas Pro 14 Preview on External Monitor - Half the Display is Off the Edge of Screen
on Jun 25, 2018 at 9:34:53 am

Hi,

I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and suddenly in Vegas Pro 14 when I choose to preview my project on an external monitor the image shows up with a big chunk of it off the right-hand side of the screen. As the cliché goes, everything worked fine till the upgrade. Was running Vegas 14 on Win7 and it worked like a champ.

My system is running an Intel i7-8700K with a GeForce GTX 970 video card with the latest drivers. No other resolution issues with any other program so far.

Here's an example of what it looks like when I try the external preview;

I tried different variations of these settings and nothing changed. I set them back so they currently look like this.

I also found a thread on another help forum where someone had nearly an identical issue and resolved it by setting the program to run in compatibility mode with Win8 and selecting it to run as admin. I tried this to avail as well (and changed the settings back). I've also reset Vegas despite it being a fresh install to make sure that base is covered also.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Vegas Pro 14 Preview on External Monitor - Half the Display is Off the Edge of Screen
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:08:51 pm

Hi Riggan

You may have to go ''inside'' your Nvidia GTX 970.

Before you make any changes, it's good practice to have a copy of your previous settings in case you want to get back to your original setup. Settings are specific to each users. Don't forget to choose which display you want to change before you start changing parameters.

To open Nvidia Control Panel, right click on your desktop, you should see it in the box.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Riggan Rose
Re: Vegas Pro 14 Preview on External Monitor - Half the Display is Off the Edge of Screen
on Jun 26, 2018 at 2:03:06 am

Yes. Already been in there. The settings are the same as when everything worked on Win7. I played around a few settings under resolution and 'desktop size and position'. Nothing changed.

Is there something specific I should be looking for?

Pain is temporary, film is forever.

Return to posts index

Riggan Rose
on Jun 26, 2018 at 11:11:54 am

Solved the issue. For anyone else having this problem who might find this thread;

The problem was, you guessed it, WINDOWS!

I right-clicked my desktop and left-clicked "Display settings." Under "Display", the "change the size of text, apps, and other items" slider for display #2 was set to 125% for some reason. I surely didn't do it. Moved slider to 100% and Vegas is now displaying a full screen on external monitor.

Hope this helps someone down the road.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]