FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eventual video frame flick

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yan Moura
Eventual video frame flick
on Jun 17, 2018 at 9:28:17 pm

Hi!

I am a home self producer and just started a small non-profit channel on YT. I use Vegas Pro 13 to edit my videos and although they are just hobby stuff there is something annoying me.

Once in a while the movie screen quickly flicks causing a defect in the video. It happens either in preview mode as well on the rendered video. If I rewind my movie 10 times and replay it 10 times it will flick always exactly at the same point. So I suppose that it is not something with the video card, driver, etc.

I am going to post an example below. A couple days ago I recorded myself playing a guitar solo and at 29s it does one of those flicks.

In this video when it flicks at 29s is pretty obvious that it's the small top left logo that flicks big. The logo is a PNG file with transparent background and bigger than it appears at the corner (it is actually as big as if flicks). that I used the 'Track Motion' tool to reduce its size and position it when I want.

Any clue? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Eventual video frame flick
on Jun 18, 2018 at 1:57:14 am

Hi Yan

I had the same thing happening 2 or 3 times. Couldn't figure out why it did happen but since my projects were heavy on FX and made use of green/blue screen, I suspected a hardware problem related to memory use. (I could be wrong...) This was just guess work on my part 'cause before rendering, I rebooted my PC, rendered it and the file was free of glitches. It's a little more time consuming but it worked for me.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Yan Moura
Re: Eventual video frame flick
on Jun 18, 2018 at 1:16:30 pm

Hey François!

Thank you for the follow up. Yeah, I have noticed that I got such similar issue when using green screen and chroma key effect. I will try to reboot my computer before to render my videos next time. By the way, my equipment is too much more modest than yours: a four years old i5 with 8GB under W7 and not dedicated video card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]