FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having a second Vegas on a laptop

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Holt
Having a second Vegas on a laptop
on Jun 13, 2018 at 5:36:34 pm

Hi All,

I have been using Vegas from v11 through currently v14.

I still use v11 on an old (but fast, QC i7) laptop which runs XP and v11 is the last to run on XP.

On my main PC I have Pro v14, with Vegasaur which I use for importing SRT subtitles (GPS data converted into SRT with a custom program).

On the same PC I also have MSP 12 and Vegas Pro 13. I used Vegasaur on the v13 too, and I am not sure if that installation still works, since I upgraded v13 to v14.

Anyway, I am happy with v14 because it does all I need.

I now have a Dell XPS13 9360 laptop, win10 pro, and would like Vegas on that too, with Vegasaur.

What is the cheapest way to achieve that?

Could I install v13 on it and remove the v13 license from my PC? Probably not since I upgraded v13 to v14. I don't think v13 is different to v14 in any tangible way, for 1920x1080 60fps editing. The programs appear identical. Possibly Vegasaur had different features in v14... I do need the function to import all subtitles as a single event.

I see Vegas Pro 14 on amazon.co.uk for just £170 which is far less than I paid for it and I could just buy it. Then I would just need to get a Vegasaur license...

I would appreciate any ideas.

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
Re: Having a second Vegas on a laptop
on Jun 13, 2018 at 7:37:48 pm

You should get some ideas from this thread
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1021405
Note that the thread title could as well be "Is there a limit on the number of machines that [Magix] Vegas Pro [14 and] 15 can be operational on?"

Return to posts index

Peter Holt
on Jun 13, 2018 at 7:53:03 pm

Thanks - very interesting.

It speaks of v15 supporting 2 machines, and is v14 the same?

Normally only one installation will ever be running (there is only one of me) but I might be using the laptop for rendering, while editing on the desktop.

However all this implies that a floating license is being implemented, which requires internet access, and the laptop may not have that, especially when I am travelling.

I also need to check out the Vegasaur aspect.

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Jun 13, 2018 at 8:07:28 pm

Magix Vegas Pro 14 and 15 licenses are similar. Pls read the points 9, 10, and 11 in the link Mike K mentioned in his post in the other thread. I (and many others) have VPro 14 and 15 installed on 2 devices and can use them simultaneously.

Return to posts index

Peter Holt
on Jun 13, 2018 at 8:48:38 pm

OK; many thanks.

I will install the last exe install I have:

VEGAS_Pro_14.0.0.270_update_Retail_x64.exe

and see what happens.

BTW Vegasaur have confirmed I can use the same license (.lic file) on all my machines, which is really nice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]