FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a limit on the number of machines that Vegas Pro 15 can be operational on?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Maier
Is there a limit on the number of machines that Vegas Pro 15 can be operational on?
on Jun 6, 2018 at 8:40:03 pm

Long time Vegas user here. Been on v.13 for years, now ready to try 15. I want to use it on a laptop and a desktop with all media files on a portable drive. No problem with 13, but can't find anything about Magix's Pro 15. Anyone know if it can be used on two different computers with just one license? Also their tech support phone is out of order-- not a great sign.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Is there a limit on the number of machines that Vegas Pro 15 can be operational on?
on Jun 6, 2018 at 9:34:04 pm

The short answer is 2.
The long answer is in points 9, 10 and 11 of this FAQ
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-faqs-and-troubles...

Return to posts index

Robert Maier
Re: Is there a limit on the number of machines that Vegas Pro 15 can be operational on?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 12:23:10 am

I thought so, but the word simultaneously is a bit unusual. I'd expected something like: 'the license is good for two computers (ie. laptop and desktop). Clarity is becoming a lost art in writing. But thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Jun 7, 2018 at 7:00:54 am

"Simultaneously" is actually the keyword here as Magix is different from Sony/SCS.
A Magix rep on the Magix Vegas forum 9/14/2016: The current Sony EULA stipulates the license is for one user, it can be installed on 2 PCs for the same user, and cannot be used used on 2 or more PCs at a time. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/corporate/eula
"Sony grants you a limited license to use the Software on two (2) computers or mobile devices, as applicable; provided that the Software may not be used on two (2) or more devices simultaneously"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]