FORUMS: list search recent posts

Formats with intermediate codecs when working MP4's in Vegas 15.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Lee
Formats with intermediate codecs when working MP4's in Vegas 15.
on Jun 4, 2018 at 9:43:00 pm

Hi. Greetings from México and sorry for my basic English. 😄

The thing is:

I have a Vegas 15 project in which I am working with .MOV files.

The output format of my final render will be MAGIX AVC / AAC MP4 (previously called mainconcept).

I want to add FX's to a video event and then render that video event to a new track without loss of quality (compression) through, so that when I do my final render there is no double compression or recompression.

In this case I can't do a smart render, because the final render format will be MAGIX AVC / AAC MP4 format, so it's imposible.

I have read that there are formats that work with intermediate codecs which serve so that there is no such aggressive compression at the time of rendering. "Lossless codecs".

These are the formats that match the properties of my files and the configuration of my current project:

Is there one of the formats indicated that serves as an intermediary? I read that the ProRes and the XAVC Intra could work. I would like to read more opinions. I've also seen that you can download "third-party" codecs and use them in Vegas. Is there any codec that you recommends me and WORKS WITH ANY OF THE FORMATS INDICATED IN THE IMAGE?

Thank you :D

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Formats with intermediate codecs when working MP4's in Vegas 15.
on Jun 5, 2018 at 5:10:30 am

Hey there,
Shure you can instal 3rd party codecs but it's not advisable to do so. It messes with the few good codecs Vegas does have. Any way I have not used Vegas since Magix got a hold of it. But I would suggest a no compression YUV or at least a png image sequence. If you use jpg you will be using . jpg compression something you need to avoid if you wish to retain the data. You can also instal Avid DNX codec and use the highest settings like DNXHD 422. I don't recall if you get 444 for free. Blackmagic Design has a utility called Desktop Video which will install the BMD equivalent of a prores codec and it will also show up in Vegas and is capable of 444 compression. The codec packs will simply mess up Vegas and you may not even know if you are using Vegas or a third party codec. With a handful of exceptions such as Avid or Main Concept, I stick to the codecs camera manufacturers release. After all, they are written for their cameras.

Be aware, these codecs take up a considerable amount of room on your drive. So do what you need done and then get rid of the extra files.
Russ

Return to posts index

Dhanen Moteuchi
on Jun 9, 2018 at 4:28:08 am

Before all, I am from Spain so I'll try to help Oscar in spanish, so will be easiest for both, so sorry for the inconveniences caused and hope this won't be a problem.

Hola, a ver si entendí tu problema. ¿Te refieres a que el formato en el que quieres renderizar no aparece en la lista? Si es por el hecho de que solo aparecen los que coinciden con tu proyecto, desmarca el símbolo del igual y busca en la lista el que tú quieres. Si no está, siempre puedes hacer como hice yo y editar uno (por ejemplo yo busqué el de Internet, MP4, y le cambié los fps a 60 y aumenté la calidad de audio), esto crea un nuevo elemento en la lista, márcalo como favorito con la estrella y en vez de marcar el igual arriba, marca que te aparezcan solo los favoritos.
Si el problema es que no tienes códecs, aunque digan que no es recomendable, yo tuve siempre instalado el k-lite codec pack, y el QuickTime es siempre recomendable tenerlo, pero a mí la última versión me daba problemas al importar ciertos vídeos, pero me recomendaron en este foro la 7.6.5 creo que es y no tuve más problemas.
Espero haber entendido bien tu problema y haberte ayudado, si no es así no dudes en preguntar de nuevo, aunque sea en inglés, que más o menos me apaño :D

Return to posts index

Oscar Lee
on Jun 9, 2018 at 6:04:46 pm

Hola. He podido resolver el problema desmarcando la casilla de "hacer coincidir con la config. del proyecto". Los codecs lossless se pueden seleccionar usando el formato .avi de Windows. Yo pensaba que no podía seleccionar ese formato puesto que no encajaba con los parametros de mi proyecto, pero ya me di cuenta que configurandolo manualmente lo pudo lograr. Gracias por la respuesta. Saludos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]