FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio/Video Completely Out of Sync When Importing Music Video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elissa Waitz
Audio/Video Completely Out of Sync When Importing Music Video
on May 31, 2018 at 4:05:16 am

Hi All,

First time poster here. Just got Vegas Movie Studio 15 and I'm greatly struggling. I have a music video, which looks/plays completely fine on my media player, but when I go to import it to Vegas the sound is completely off from the video (the audio is about 15 seconds behind the video, and I didn't touch anything). In fact the length of the video track is actually longer than the associated audio track when add it to my project. I tried to use CTR + U to slide things into place only to discover that the video appears to be moving at a different pace than the audio, so it's impossible to keep it in sync. What gives???

Any idea what's going on here? I'm running into this issue with multiple videos (from the same source - my webcam).

I'm desperate to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

EW

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Audio/Video Completely Out of Sync When Importing Music Video
on May 31, 2018 at 9:41:49 am

What is the MediaInfo of your clip ?

If your clip is with variable frame rate - then convert your clip with Handbrake - set frame rate to constant !

Return to posts index

Elissa Waitz
Re: Audio/Video Completely Out of Sync When Importing Music Video
on May 31, 2018 at 2:30:10 pm

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Here is the media info you're looking for (I think):

Streams
Video: 00:03:21.689, 28.891 fps progressive, 1280x720x32, AVC
Audio: 00:03:20.851, 44,100 Hz, Stereo, AAC

I did do research before posting and thought it may be something to do with the framerate, but couldn't find a definitive solution. I'll download Handbrake tonight and see if I can fix the issue with your suggestion.

EW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]