FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 5.0 Tracks

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Keady
Vegas 5.0 Tracks
on May 18, 2018 at 1:48:13 pm

I have Vegas 5.0. I right click on the Solo/Mute button and click on the dropdown "Record Inputs" but when I choose "Stereo" no tracks ever come up that way. I only do voice overs so I know those can all be "mono" or in the right chance only but I've been told (by the people I work for) that even my voice overs have to be in stereo (both channels) my question .. why doesn't my Vegas record in stereo?? I use an M-Track Fast Track pre amp.

Return to posts index

Robert Strong
Re: Vegas 5.0 Tracks
on May 21, 2018 at 3:16:11 am

Tom......Does your M-Track pre-amp show up when you hover over theRecord input icon ? I don't have Vegas 5.0, but I'm guessing it still works that way. If it doesn't, then Vegas isn't recognizing your pre-amp. Check out the audio device tab in preferences to see what Vegas is listing there for a recording input.

good luck,
robert

Refrigerated water cooled Intel i7- 6950X.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 64Gb DDR4, Nvidia GTX580 water cooled.
Sony HVR-Z5U, HVR- V1U, HVR-A1U, HDR-HC3.
Canon 5D MRK II, SX50HS, GoPro Hero2.
Nikon CoolPix P510

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 2, 2018 at 10:33:59 pm

[Tom Keady] "I've been told (by the people I work for) that even my voice overs have to be in stereo (both channels)"
Have you told them that you only have one mouth? šŸ˜‰
[Tom Keady] "why doesn't my Vegas record in stereo??"
Are you using two microphones? Of course not, because you only have one mouth. Your recordings are not in stereo because you are only using one mono microphone which is exactly what you should be using. Vegas is seeing one input from one microphone. Just switch the event to mono and Vegas will play it out of both speakers.

If the people you work for want the voice over in stereo, then make the event mono and render it in stereo and Vegas will happily copy the one mono track to both stereo channels.

There is no reason to record it in stereo and, as you have seen, Vegas will not record it in stereo unless you use a stereo microphone or two mono microphones.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Francois PĆ©nzes
on Jun 3, 2018 at 12:35:56 pm

Hey Tom

Just to add to John's comments, in order to keep your end user(s) happy about a ''stereo voice'', use two mono microphones. Even if they are of the same make and model, their responses will be different thus if your final output is graphically viewed by the end user, they will see slight differences in the waveform pattern. Make sure that they are not to different !

Did that a while back for a picky client and it past muster.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb IntelĀ® Coreā„¢i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 3, 2018 at 1:01:32 pm

[Francois PĆ©nzes] "Did that a while back for a picky client and it past muster."
OMG that's totally ridiculous. What was the client expecting? lol

I would use one microphone and simply let Vegas render the output to both tracks. If the client says anything, I would seriously ask them what did they expect to hear that would be different on each track coming from the same mouth?

Sometimes you have to challenge the client's ignorance. I'm guessing they would never know the difference. All they care is that the audio file is in stereo and that each channel has a waveform.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Francois PĆ©nzes
on Jun 3, 2018 at 4:20:12 pm

The things we have to do sometimes to keep the customers happy...

Only had that twice in 37 years.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb IntelĀ® Coreā„¢i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]