FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Video for an Outdoor Billboard

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Magda
Rendering Video for an Outdoor Billboard
on May 7, 2018 at 5:34:08 pm

I have video shot that I want to display on one of those outdoor billboards. I've seen them called a million different things: Electronic Message Centers, Digital LED Billboards, Outdoor LED Signs, and so on. So to search for an answer, I've tried looking under all these names and more - to no avail.

The sign in question (I'm told by the sign's manager) needs to have my video in 272x72 pixels. I'm suspecting the billboard industry's idea of what a pixel is and a video editors' idea are two different things, because my previous effort (which he used) was quite blocky (pixelated). My original video looked great on Vegas at 1920x1080, but then changing the output to what he said he MUST have (272x72) made my once my crisp, clear, beautiful video look like crap.

He says he shot a video on his cell phone, slapped it up there and it looks great. He didn't run it through a NLE or anything, just literally loaded it off his phone into his sign's computer system. I don't know what it originally looked like, but I'm suspecting it got "cookie cut" right down the middle (only showing what's in the middle).

Can anyone provide an answer?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]