FORUMS: list search recent posts

text in video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Runar Aven
text in video
on Apr 28, 2018 at 9:14:32 am

Hi!
I use my youtube name in the corner of my videos. but I want to make the text (white) to go black in dark areas.

here is a video from a user on youtube. I want the text to be like he's done it in this video.

anyone who know how to do this?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: text in video
on Apr 28, 2018 at 1:38:50 pm

Hi Runar

If you are talking about the ''SUB NOW'' feature on the bottom right corner, it not part of the clip. It is a Youtube feature. If you play it, you will see that it it jumps up and down when you hover the mouse over it.

If you want to burn you LOGO on your clip (called Network Bug in our line of work) then you can create one that is 100% opaque or a percentage of opacity to you liking. It can be fixed or animated.

The advantage of burning it in your original clip is that it will be carried over if someone makes a copy.

Here's a Wiki link about Network Bugs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_on-screen_graphic

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Runar Aven
on May 10, 2018 at 11:22:03 am

I use Sony vegas pro. Every time I try to burn the text, the video goes black. why is that? I always end up with dodging the text (my channel name). is there another way i can burn the text in to the video?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on May 11, 2018 at 12:06:12 am

Hi Runar

Your best bet would be to create your own LOGO or ID with something like Photoshop or similar and then save it as a PNG so that your LOGO background becomes transparent. This way, you can size it, change the level of transparency and move it anywhere you want.

As for your text going black, I am not sure what you mean by that. The font colour changes, it blends into a black background, etc... ?

Cheers !

Vegas Pro 14

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on May 11, 2018 at 7:48:21 pm

Me again

Forgot to add that if you want an animated LOGO, just create one in Vegas and render it in a format that will accept transparency. I use the .MOV format. This way you can drop it in any video clip and move it around as you please.

Cheers !

Vegas Pro 14

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]