FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just purchased Sony Vegas Pro 14... how do I make sure this doesn't conflict with my Vegas Pro 13 files?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Kopchu
Just purchased Sony Vegas Pro 14... how do I make sure this doesn't conflict with my Vegas Pro 13 files?
on Apr 23, 2018 at 4:49:03 pm

I'll start by saying that, in case the community is not aware, Humble Bundle is selling Sony Vegas Pro 14 and some other software for $20. Here's the link to purchase, it ends in two days.

So I bought it, but I have not installed it yet because I'm working on audio editing projects at the moment using Sony Vegas 13. I don't want to install Vegas Pro 14 and then have their be a conflict in opening up the old Vegas 13 files when the new software is in the system. Is there a way to prevent this, or am I going to be just fine going ahead and installing the new software?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Just purchased Sony Vegas Pro 14... how do I make sure this doesn't conflict with my Vegas Pro 13 files?
on Apr 24, 2018 at 2:11:47 am

Hi Seth

You can run different instances of Vegas on the same computers. The only problem is that a .veg file made in V 13 will not open in V 14. They are not backward compatible.

I myself, and others, are running different versions without any problems.

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Just purchased Sony Vegas Pro 14... how do I make sure this doesn't conflict with my Vegas Pro 13 files?
on Apr 24, 2018 at 5:29:30 am

[Francois Pénzes] "The only problem is that a .veg file made in V 13 will not open in V 14. They are not backward compatible."
Francois? That would be Forward Compatibility. Vegs made in V14 can’t be opened in V13.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Apr 24, 2018 at 10:45:13 am

Absolutly right Mr. Graham.

That's what you get when writing posts in the wee hours... Next time, I'll get some sleep first !

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]