FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't scrub through Media FX and see Preview of edits (Vegas Pro 15)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Armstrong
Can't scrub through Media FX and see Preview of edits (Vegas Pro 15)
on Apr 21, 2018 at 2:37:41 pm

When I try to animate a Media FX, I can't see where in my clip I'm editing. It won't show up in the preview. Although I do see in the preview that my edit is showing up, I just can't see at what time.

In this photo in the Media Fx box I have the scrub set at 2 seconds but in my preview it is shown at around 7 seconds into the clip. The effect is showing up, but I want to animate the clip and have to just guess around what time, because scrubbing in the media FX box doesn't change where my preview is in time.

As you can see the lock and key button in the lower left of the media fx box is grayed out, and i'm tried every preview option including FX bypassed or not bypassed, i've trouble shooted for almost 30 hours at this point.

How can I scrub in my media FX timeline and see the preview changing with where my time is lined up in the media fx timeline???

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Can't scrub through Media FX and see Preview of edits (Vegas Pro 15)
on Apr 24, 2018 at 3:21:27 pm
Last Edited By Paul Berk on Apr 24, 2018 at 3:29:51 pm

Looks like this particular FX does not allow for "sync cursor" as it is greyed out.
What's your original media? I tried the FX you are using in HitFilm on some 1920 x 1080 MTS files and the "sync cursor" was not greyed out and worked fine. But when I tried it on some 4k files -- no sync cursor.

OH ... I see ... Use "Video Event FX" and not "Media FX" to get the sync cursor. Nothing to do with the type of file.
Try that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]