FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render multiple clips from a single video, I have Time (Begin-End) of Clips needed

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chazz Reyes
Render multiple clips from a single video, I have Time (Begin-End) of Clips needed
on Apr 6, 2018 at 6:49:47 pm

Hi All, sorry if my naming terms are incorrect. Is there a fast way to cut multiple clips in a single video and render them separately as separate files when you know what time the clips occur? I have the time of the clips I want (i.e. 00:40-00:45, 01:33-0:49...)

I use Sony Vegas and what I would do is manually go to the beginning and end and get a clip (then repeat) after that I batch render. But this is slow and I have a lot of videos to go through.

I am making a sports highlight play. 20 videos, about 20 clips each video. Thanks for the Help!

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
Re: Render multiple clips from a single video, I have Time (Begin-End) of Clips needed
on Apr 6, 2018 at 7:29:04 pm

If you don't mind buying a plugin, then Vegasaur can do this. Render Assistant from VASST can also do this too.
I use the transcoder in Vegasaur to queue up all the regions. You can select multiple render outputs and control the naming via settings.

If you want to import the times, you may be able to tweak the format and get Vegasaur to import them as as regions for transcoder. VASST also has a Marker Editor and Marker Creator plugin too.

I'm sure if you have the time you might be able to modify the batch render script to work, but these plugins do a much better job with the interface and various options so I can get things done quicker. Especially when you have to change something and go though the process multiple times.

Return to posts index

Chazz Reyes
Re: Render multiple clips from a single video, I have Time (Begin-End) of Clips needed
on Apr 6, 2018 at 8:05:44 pm

Hi Mark, can you please explain a bit "If you want to import the times, you may be able to tweak the format and get Vegasaur to import them as as regions for transcoder. VASST also has a Marker Editor and Marker Creator plugin too."

I am using Trial of Vegasaur, and I think It enables full usage. Don't mind buying it if it really helps with my situation. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Apr 6, 2018 at 8:50:46 pm

I created a couple regions in Vegas and exported them out to a csv file to get the format Vegasaur expects.

Here is the format it expects.
---------contents of regionsexport.csv --------
"00:01:00.060","00:01:45.105","one"
"00:03:00.180","00:03:26.081","two"

----------------------

So if you can create a csv file in this format then you could import with Vegasaur Markers. In the photo I show the Vegasaur Markers dialog.

1. Select the Export/Import tab
2. Choose Regions
3. Select Import and choose Comma Separated Value
4. Click Apply and it will bring up a file dialog to choose the csv file you created.

If all works well, then your timeline will have all the regions imported.

Now go to Transcoder and add a new job.
Under the source tab there is a green plus symbol where you can choose regions. You can select all regions by clicking the checkbox at the top of the list that I show in the photo.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Chazz Reyes
on Apr 6, 2018 at 9:53:35 pm

Hey Mark, Thank You very much for going the extra mile for this. I got it working you the boss!

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Apr 6, 2018 at 10:58:11 pm

I'm glad it worked out. Since you have Vegasaur, you might want to checkout the Text Generation Wizard. It can create titles on a new track that have the same names as the regions you imported. I have another post where I describe this for displaying the soccer game score based on markers that were created during the game on my iPhone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]