FORUMS: list search recent posts

Diffeent framerates in the same project - problem with rendering

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Miller
Diffeent framerates in the same project - problem with rendering
on Apr 4, 2018 at 6:50:12 pm

Hello there! This is my first post in this forum and I have been using SVP (on Win 10) for a while now before I ran into this issue I just can't seem to solve.

I have been experiencing a strange issue in SVP 13 and I have been trying to fix it for over a week now without success. I would be very thankful for a working solution.
I have been using 23. 98 fps (Blu Ray footage) and 30 fps footage in the same project. I know it's not ideal but there is no other way for me to edit these projects.

The problem is that it looks very jittery after rendering. At 30fps it is unwatchable. At 60fps it looks much better, but some scenes from the Blu-Ray footage that have faster movement become very jerky and almost look a bit slowed down. The footage with less movement appears to be unchanged.

I already disabled resample and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I also set the timeline to almost everything between 23-60 fps and it never looks good. The footage itself, outside of Sony Vegas is fine. It also looks normal in the preview window.
Thank you so much in advance, any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Diffeent framerates in the same project - problem with rendering
on May 1, 2018 at 10:25:16 am

Hi Susan

Have you tried converting all your files to the same frame rate and format before dropping them in Vegas ?

It must be having a field day trying to match all those different frame rates.

Handbrake is a very useful tool.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini
Vegas Pro 14

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]