FORUMS: list search recent posts

MP3s not working

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caroline Buckley
MP3s not working
on Apr 1, 2018 at 7:48:37 am

Hi guys! I've been getting advice from this forum for years but this is my first time posting my own question lol. Thanks for all the help you've given me in the past!

Anywho - just got a new windows 10 laptop. I put Vegas 14 on there and everything is fine except any MP3 files are showing up without waveform and they're silent. But the files work in other programs, and I converted one of them to a .wma and Vegas has no problems then.

Most of my audio files are .mp3, so it'd be very inconvenient to have to convert anything I need to use. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: MP3s not working
on Apr 1, 2018 at 9:20:28 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Apr 1, 2018 at 9:23:56 am

[Caroline Buckley] "Most of my audio files are .mp3, so it'd be very inconvenient to have to convert anything I need to use. Any ideas?"
None. What you need to know is that not all MP3 Media are the same. MP3 is only a wrapper. It’s what’s inside that’s important to any player in how they will DECODE it for importing and playing. I’m guessing that you’ll come acros the LAME CODEC. Here’s an interesting test using MediaInfo (MI):

1) Interrogate your MP3 with MI.

2) Now Render that WMA File you have, within VP to MP3 and then interrogate this new MP3 with MI.

3) Now Contrast and Compare the two MP3 files.

Do you see a difference? Thinks LAME.

Anyway, where did you get the MP3s? Or capture them?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Caroline Buckley
on Apr 2, 2018 at 8:43:10 pm

Ok so I downloaded MediaInfo and I went to do all this, but I just noticed that Vegas doesn't give me the option to render things as .MP3.

I am...so confused. I uninstalled and reinstalled the exact same version of Vegas on my old laptop and it doesn't have this problem.

Most of my .mp3 files I've had for almost a decade, so I don't remember where I got most of them from lol Just direct downloads online, I'd imagine.

Return to posts index

Caroline Buckley
on Apr 2, 2018 at 8:59:20 pm

Whoop - adding on to that - .mp3s can be either silent or ridiculously loud noise.

And I tried converting a .mp3 to .wma and then back to .mp3, the results are the same.

Return to posts index

Caroline Buckley
on Apr 2, 2018 at 10:02:12 pm

Aaand we can cut everything off here, I just replaced the mp3 plug-in with the mp3 plug-in from my old laptop and now it works fine. I have no idea how or why or what, but now I'm good.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 3, 2018 at 10:46:01 am

[Caroline Buckley] " but I just noticed that Vegas doesn't give me the option to render things as .MP3."
Well, yes it does, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. - I'm using VP15:

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]