FORUMS: list search recent posts

a "how to" question about isolating a person in a crowd and following him ?Altamont footage

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Holland
a "how to" question about isolating a person in a crowd and following him ?Altamont footage
on Mar 31, 2018 at 12:16:30 am

several years back I had the opportunity to interviews Stones / Deads tour manager Sam Cutler. (I love my show Jane Goodall believes in Big Foot BTW no kidding ...its free to subscribe lololo I don't make any $ off it thats for sure)

OK back the Stones, Sam walks through what really happened at Altamont. I found some footage of Sam talking to Mick and suggesting he vacate the stage. What I want to do id isolate Sam and "follow him".

I the past I used this technique for Bev Oliver (The babushka lady) who witnessed the assassination of JFK in Dealey Plaza and had her camera stolen by the FBI. I used a "yellow" circle to isolate her and follow her around through the Zapruder film.

I can't remember what tool I used for this. I have tried "cookie cutter" but it blacks out the inner part of the circle. Suggestions?

Another problem I am having is when I add a video effect (hit Film, Vegas) I can't get real time updates on my video screen in the upper right corner. It must be a preference but which one. It makes using an effect useless because it won't update the changes.

Never used to be a problem BTW

Pro 13
Gigabyte
Nvida 1060 6 gigs
32gig ram, 512 ssd

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: a "how to" question about isolating a person in a crowd and following him ?Altamont footage
on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:36:48 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:59:20 am

[Brent Holland] "I have tried "cookie cutter" but it blacks out the inner part of the circle. Suggestions?"
If you want to use Cookie Cutter:

The Black region you refer to is a Transparent Region. You place ANYTHING on the Track below, this is what will be seen/revealed behind the Cookie Cutter. I've added a Gaussian Blur to create separation from the CC. If this is what you want? There other s/w solutions out there that use Motion Tracking, but you've already bought VP?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Brent Holland
Re: a "how to" question about isolating a person in a crowd and following him ?Altamont footage
on Apr 1, 2018 at 12:45:39 am

this is perfect thx buddy, I also figured why no update in real time on the preview screen. There are setting in the nvida control panel I had to set.

I will post a link to the show when I am done. Its an interview I did on radio several years ago. Its historic. Awful what happened, or should say really happened and could have happened.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 1, 2018 at 3:28:25 am

[Brent Holland] "this is perfect thx buddy,"
You’re very welcome.
[Brent Holland] "There are setting in the nvida control panel I had to set."
Yeah, and what was that? I have an nVidia Card too, and would like to learn as well?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]