FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas does not play well with the new Google Drive File Stream causes terrible lag out of nowhere

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bart Francis
Vegas does not play well with the new Google Drive File Stream causes terrible lag out of nowhere
on Mar 21, 2018 at 4:30:10 pm

Vegas was suddenly for no apparent reason, slowing down to the point of being useless. If I moved to a different point in the timeline and hitting play it was locking up for 30 seconds or more. Virus? Nope... What the heck was different? Opened up an older file... worked fine... What the heck was different?

This made me crazy for about a day so I figured I'd share this with you folks even if it might be obvious to many, it wasn't to me lol

I have always kept all my files on Google Drive. I have unlimited storage so all my work is instantly uploaded to the cloud.

Google is replacing google drive with Google File Stream. I loaded it and it seemed pretty much the same, BUT IT's NOT. Your files are stored in the cloud and streamed to you https://support.google.com/a/answer/7491633. The old file that worked fine was still working via google drive and the new files were added after the file stream was loaded.

You must right click on your project folder and choose Available Offline so that the files stay local.

Hope this helps someone before they spend a day figuring out what the heck is wrong with vegas or any other editing software for that matter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]