FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to select areas outside of tracks?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasia Skarzynski
How to select areas outside of tracks?
on Mar 3, 2018 at 8:31:47 am
Last Edited By Kasia Skarzynski on Mar 3, 2018 at 8:36:45 am

Update: I believe Vegas hates me, as- once again- the problem has seemed to sort itself out without me even restarting the program. I didn't change any settings, I'm not sure what happened.

--

I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for anywhere on the web, including here.

I have Sony Vegas Pro 14. Normally, I can select outside of the tracks and events in the timeline. I do this to render videos with a few seconds of no audio and a black screen so the videos don't cut off too abruptly on YouTube (particularly on mobile). However, something in my settings has suddenly changed and I can only select up to the end of the events/tracks in my timeline.

In this image, my cursor isn't visible, but it is past the end of the photo and audio track, to the right. However, my selection stops at the end no matter what. Anyone know where I can find this setting?

--
Tomāto, tomăto.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
Re: How to select areas outside of tracks?
on Mar 6, 2018 at 7:49:52 am

I was able to experience the same thing. New project and drag a single event on the timeline. I could not select a loop region beyond the end of the event. If I then drag the event to the right on the timeline and then move it back to the left, then I can select the region just past the event.

I usually just extend my current event and adjust the fade, but it looks like any editing that changes the default timeline endpoint will allow you to then select past the event.

Return to posts index

Kasia Skarzynski
Re: How to select areas outside of tracks?
on Mar 8, 2018 at 4:08:22 pm

It was odd, as it only happened for a little bit, then I added some black black video after the end of the photo I was using as the still video to accompany the audio. Suddenly I was able to select outside of the events again. I didn't click any preference changes or editing changes of any sort. It was a weird moment Vegas was having, I guess. I couldn't even move my selected area outside of the events at all. I'm just glad it sorted itself out!

--
Tomāto, tomăto.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]