FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 15 "Low memory"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin Madron
Vegas Pro 15 "Low memory"
on Mar 2, 2018 at 8:02:54 pm

This is my first time using Vegas and I finished editing a 1hr45min long chillstep mix in vegas pro 15 and it will not render beacuse of a low memory error. I checked as it was rendering and I have around 4.5 gb of free memory, so I'm not sure why I would be getting this error. I've tried rendering 5 different times, 3 at 1080p60fps MP4, and 2 at 1080p30fps MP4 with and without GPU rendering.

I have 5 tracks. 1 for the audio, 1 for the background, 1 for a particle overlay, 1 for text, and another track for an overlay for the intro/outro.

Is there a way to fix this low memory error without losing video quality?

Exact error message: "An error occurred while creating the media file Chillstep Comp.MP4. The system is low on memory. You may be able to reduce memory usage by closing other applications." My system is most certainly NOT low on memory. Disk usage is at about 75%, CPU usage at 80% (95-100% Without GPU rendering)

Specs---(Running Windows 10 latest version)

Intel i5 7400 3.5GHz

GTX 1060 3gb

8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM

1tb 7200 rps SATA Hard drive

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: Vegas Pro 15 "Low memory"
on Mar 4, 2018 at 5:14:42 pm

Is this is in HD.. 4.5GB is in fact a bit on the small side for HD that is 1.45 hours long,, Are you sure you only have 4.5GB free HDD?

Return to posts index

Devin Madron
on Mar 5, 2018 at 11:28:44 am

I think you may have misread. I have 120 gb free in my HDD. While rendering, I have 4.5gb of free RAM.

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Mar 5, 2018 at 1:13:57 pm

Ops yes my mistake ☹

I assume you have not allocated lots of Dynamic RAM in the Preferences/Video.?

Return to posts index

Shinra Bansho
on Mar 5, 2018 at 11:57:00 pm

Hi Devin,
My system is entirely different from yours and this might not help at all but I used to suffer the same "low on memory" error when there was actually sufficient resource available. At that time, disabling GPU fixed the problem. Go into "Preference" setting, and disable GPU (i.e. "uncheck GPU acceleration of video processing") to see if it can fix the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]