FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange shaded areas on tracks, Track layers expanded -- how to reset?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lindsay
Strange shaded areas on tracks, Track layers expanded -- how to reset?
on Mar 1, 2018 at 2:48:54 am

Don't know how, but an x turned up between the top 2 video tracks and dark track areas have shown up around certain clips. i hope someone can tell me how to rest to a normal view.

I've attached a screenshot.

thank you,

Rob

Vegas 13.453
Dell Windows 10
Intel6700 quad CPU
16 Gigs RAM
3 Gig GPU

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Strange shaded areas on tracks, Track layers expanded -- how to reset?
on Mar 1, 2018 at 4:07:59 am

[Rob Lindsay] "Don't know how, but an x turned up between the top 2 video tracks and dark track areas have shown up around certain clips."
It’s a Feature. That X indicates you’ve activated "Expand Track Layer" Mode. Double-click the edge of an A/B Event or right-click the track header and deselect "Expand Track Layer". I never use it.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on Mar 1, 2018 at 4:41:07 am

Thank you, Graham, i did that and it went back to normal, except (!) that there are still these strange black areas on the tracks and I can't use the FX on clips there now. There is also a red edge to a clip and the playback screen shows a split image of two scenes! And notice the black area at the end of track 3.

Talk about a ghost in the machine...

Vegas 13.453
Dell Windows 10
Intel6700 quad CPU
16 Gigs RAM
3 Gig GPU

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 1, 2018 at 5:49:50 am

[Rob Lindsay] "There is also a red edge to a clip and the playback screen shows a split image of two scenes! And notice the black area at the end of track 3."
Well, the Red Edge is Expanded Edit Mode. You can remove this by double clicking on it. But the real issue is that side-by-side Previewing you've got from Preview from the Trimmer? That has me stumped.

I'm testing this by firing-up VP13 - I'm now on VP15 B311, so I needed to test like-for-like. I'm testing for you on VP13 Build453. What is your Build? It's best to check to see we are on the same Build, before we cry foul - there may be a bugster. OR it is a feature for for the Trimmer I've not come across.

Interesting . .

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on Mar 1, 2018 at 3:12:21 pm

Hi Graham

Thank you for your help! I am using build 453 -- the last one. And the split previewing is in the track monitor pane. It's gone now -- I think it was connected to the red line that I got rid of by clicking on it -- thank you.

But that strange black area is still there connected to a clip that I had put a velocity envelope on. And now when I start running the piece only the audio starts. This has happened before and has required a restart (sigh).

Vegas 13.453
Dell Windows 10
Intel6700 quad CPU
16 Gigs RAM
3 Gig GPU

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]