FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas will not open

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Krueger
Vegas will not open
on Feb 23, 2018 at 5:03:00 pm

I have Vegas 13 and 14 installed on my windows machine. I have not used the programs for some time, but I tried to open both of them today and both "stopped working" before they finished opening. I don't know where to go for support now that Sony does not own them anymore. I need to work on some projects so I need to get them going. It is interesting that both versions do not load. Do you think it is something that the new owner is doing??? Magix? Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Vegas will not open
on Feb 23, 2018 at 7:44:58 pm

Hi Mark

I regularly run both instances (V13 & V14) on my Win 10 machine. No issues here. I would look for a Windows issue. Have you made any changes, added new software, updates, others..... ? There may lie your problem.

A regular clean-up of your PC is always recommended. Windows is known for accumulating ''crap'' as time passes. If that fails, do a clean uninstall of your VPro's and re-install. If that also fails, after you have tried everything else, back-up everything and do a clean install of your OS. (had to do that once with V7 way back...)

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
Re: Vegas will not open
on Mar 1, 2018 at 5:07:58 am

the same happens to me with V13 and Win 10. i have to force V13 to c lose and restart. it can take several times. It may help to watch the progress bar to see where it happens in the app opening phase. For me it is always DirectX initializing. dont know why or why that hasn't been fixed.

and I am running the last version.

Hope this helps!

Vegas 13.453
Dell Windows 10
Intel6700 quad CPU
16 Gigs RAM
3 Gig GPU

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved