FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random unwanted frames appearing in timeline

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Cooper
Random unwanted frames appearing in timeline
on Feb 16, 2018 at 2:42:01 pm

I have this weird, annoying issue occurring in Sony Movie Studio that I can't make any sense of. I'm editing a wedding video which consists of a mix of AVCHD and MOV files. Because my pc appears to be ill-equipped and rather lacking in performance, I have to split my video into four shorter segments after my final edit. My pc cannot render a long duration video (in this case a 20 minute video) so I have to render the segments individually and then recombine them on the timeline.

Unfortunately, the weird problem appeared after I recombined the segments. Now, when I advance the video frame by frame, I'm seeing random frames in between two shots at various points during the video. So basically a single frame between two shots that should not be there. And these random, unwanted frames do not exist in my original edit. Like I mentioned above, they only appeared after I recombined the segments. These unwanted frames appear to be from the MOV files. And a few of these frames appear to be like a double image - two pieces of footage combined within a single frame. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? It's going to be an absolute nuisance trying to rectify this problem in my wedding video.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Random unwanted frames appearing in timeline
on Feb 16, 2018 at 6:17:47 pm

Recombine the segments and render out in another format apart from mov.
This has long been a Vegas issue in the past for some users.
However you wont have these limitations if you upgrade to Vegas Pro.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Feb 16, 2018 at 9:22:55 pm

Steve, that's interesting that it's a known issue amongst Vegas users. Though it wasn't rendered as MOV, despite some of the original files being MOVs. All four segments were rendered as MP4s which are currently sitting on the timeline. And I would prefer to keep it as MP4 because that's the only 1080 progressive option that I know of in Movie Studio.

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Feb 17, 2018 at 1:51:17 am

There's another weird thing I'm discovering. Currently, I'm trying to replace the affected shots with newly trimmed events from the original files. They are cut to exactly the same durations as the affected shots and yet a number of them are shorter which again makes no sense. So when I replace some of them on the timeline, there is sometimes about a frame or two of black between shots. In other words a brief gap.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]