FORUMS: list search recent posts

Border to cropped PIP?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrett Cosgrove
Border to cropped PIP?
on Feb 14, 2018 at 4:15:58 pm

Vegas 14 here, I've been pulling my hair out trying to get a border on a cropped video, everything I've read has not worked, if I put border before pan/crop it borders the original size of the image within track motion, so I can move it around and the border is there as the original image size wherever visible, but if I put it after it borders the size of track motion and ignores the visible image.

I just want to border the cropped image and nothing I've read or watched is accomplishing this, is this really that difficult? I feel like this is a very standard thing for a "facecam" and shouldn't be hard, or that I'm missing something entirely.

Return to posts index

Garrett Cosgrove
Re: Border to cropped PIP?
on Feb 15, 2018 at 5:01:58 am

Wow, bizarre, I figured out a way to do it, it involves flipping the video horizontal in pan/crop, which of course messes with the facecam's appearance, so first I flip it horizontal in track motion and flip it back in pan/crop, the border only works after a pan/crop flip and not after a track motion flip.

Thoughts? I'm baffled, but glad it works.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 15, 2018 at 9:11:22 pm

[Garrett Cosgrove] "Thoughts?"
This is what I do when I utilize Crop > Border > Track Motion > 3D Spin in TM. No issues at all:

Original

Cropped

Border Added to Crop

Track Motion Added

Track Motion Zoomed Out

This is very straightforward.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Garrett Cosgrove
on Feb 16, 2018 at 12:34:27 am

Yes, that's well and good, what I'm seeing is this, and I have to do two flips, one with crop, one with track motion, to achieve the correction, the second image is before the second flip, which is not very straightforward and I'm having trouble understanding what I'm doing wrong. The third image is simply moving border before crop, which leads to the fourth image, I can't seem to get it to just border the actual crop, very confused.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 16, 2018 at 11:28:41 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Feb 16, 2018 at 12:32:52 pm

[Garrett Cosgrove] "Yes, that's well and good, . . . . I can't seem to get it to just border the actual crop, very confused."
STOP THE MADNESS! - Yah can't do it this way. I should have really read your description more carefully - and that the first thing you wanted to do was to initially CROP that first image. It was your ScreenGrab that showed me. Yes you can Crop. And yes you can stick a Border on the Event - but not to to the Crop, in the way you/I were wanting. But KUDOS to you for finding something of a workaround. Stunning! I also tried Masking too - it was a mess . . . .
OK, getting the Job done:

Either:

A] Render out that Crop and THEN stick a Border on it

Or:

B] Upgrade to VP15! VP15 has a PiP Widget within it, to do just this:

Border Setup around Crop:

PiP FX in the FX Chain:

Now that I've spent time on this, somebody else is going to come up with a better solution for VP14! - I'm now guessing that there is a Video Wall thingy or script to use?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Garrett Cosgrove
on Feb 19, 2018 at 4:08:05 pm

I did more digging and found a couple fourteen year olds with no views had discovered my workaround as well, but then I saw this

and was even more confused.

I can't afford another Vegas, so, I guess 15 is out for me and I'll have to stick to my workaround.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Feb 19, 2018 at 5:09:13 pm

[Garrett Cosgrove] "I did more digging and......then I saw this "
Sure, Track Motion. But you were wanting to confine to a Crop in an Event.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Garrett Cosgrove
on Feb 19, 2018 at 6:21:55 pm

Sorry you lost me, I'm doing what he's doing but I flip it in Track and then in Pan/crop for it to work.

Why does his work without the flip?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]