FORUMS: list search recent posts

A script to export cc1 from svp13 whereby Handrbrake will then burn them in with COLOURS&POSITIONS in-tact?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
A script to export cc1 from svp13 whereby Handrbrake will then burn them in with COLOURS&POSITIONS in-tact?
on Feb 11, 2018 at 3:19:32 am

Hi,

When i have cc1 captions in sony vegas and I'm happy with them. Colours and line breaks are just as I need. I then want to burn them in.

I know I can 'convert to text' with vegasaurus and burn from there but i feel like i'm doubling my workload.

I know I can export the captions and burn-in using handbrake. However, I lose all my settings and colours.

How can I export cc's from vegas in such a way that colours and line breaks stay as is?

Even if I export them to DVD architect, the line breaks go skewiff.

thanks.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: A script to export cc1 from svp13 whereby Handrbrake will then burn them in with COLOURS&POSITIONS in-tact?
on Feb 11, 2018 at 1:28:21 pm
Last Edited By John Rofrano on Feb 11, 2018 at 2:37:03 pm

[Amanda Duffield] "I know I can export the captions and burn-in using handbrake. However, I lose all my settings and colours. "
That's because you are confusing two completely different technologies which is why you can't do what you want.

Closed Captions are a TV broadcast concept for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. The content creator gets to select color and position of the captions. They are dynamically inserted into the video stream during playback by the TV playback device.

Subtitles are a multi-lingual concept so that people who do not understand the native language of a movie can get the spoken words displayed in another language. In this case the VIEWER (not the content creator) gets to choose the color of the titles, size of font, etc. You have no control over this.

This is why when you convert Closed Captions that have color information to Subtitles that do not, you loose the color. The technologies are not 100% interchangeable. Handbreak does not support closed captions which is a TV technology. It supports subtitles which is a movie technology.

Unfortunately, you want neither of these things. You want to "burn-in" titles which is another way of saying "create titles" which is why using a tool like vegasaur that makes "real" titles is your only choice and yes, it is doubling your work because you are doing neither closed captions nor subtitles at that point... you are just creating plain ole' titles.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]