FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing project FPS caused clips to un-align from frames?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Fowle
Changing project FPS caused clips to un-align from frames?
on Feb 7, 2018 at 10:50:25 pm

Hey all. I'm a novice editor who is working with Vegas Pro 14, and I recently discovered the ability to change a project FPS. I have source clips that are all 30 FPS, but I wanted to see what the visual FX would look like in 60 FPS. I didn't like it, so I changed the project back to 30 FPS... but for whatever reason, now all of my clips are increasingly unaligned from the frame they were previously aligned to. I have no idea what happened or why. I have Quantize to Frames and Snapping enabled, as I always have, but for whatever reason, this happened. (I have little knowledge of proper vernacular so forgive me if I'm unable to properly explain.)

This is what the entire project's clips' alignment look like now, and it gets worse and worse toward the end of the project. Notice how each clip gets further and further away from the frame it is supposed to be on, and how each clip is actually between frames. I can't get rid of the slight fade out either, as even with snapping off, it refuses to snap to end of the clip at all. Basically, this misalignment has really screwed up my productivity as now I have to go through the entire project and re-align every single clip.

Does anyone have any idea what happened and how I can prevent it in the future? Was this a user error or program error? It's really put me off, considering I was virtually finished with the product. :/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]