FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upscaling for better Youtube quality

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Thompson
Upscaling for better Youtube quality
on Feb 5, 2018 at 4:14:48 am

I am new and am learning by going online for my questions. I have noticed a trend of upscaling 1080p and even 2.7K video to 4K renders for the sake of getting a higher bit rate with the Youtube channel's upload.

I guess that Youtube compresses 1080p so much that it degrades to a noticable difference?

My questions are:
1. Do you on Sony Vegas upscale video and therefore not use the "HD1080p Internet" method that is provided?

2. I have read that upscaling to 2.7K and to 4K look very much the same, so do most upscale to 2.7K?

3. Is it always recommended to shoot at the highest scale my computer will edit decently?

Just thoughts. Any answers would be much appreciated!

Sony Vegas Pro 14 Noob

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Upscaling for better Youtube quality
on Feb 5, 2018 at 9:18:58 am

Youtube !

If you right-click on a video on Youtube in good quality - choose Statistics for Nerds -
then you can see that these videos are in codec: vp9 !

But when you upload a 1920x1080 video to Youtube - the video will be converted to codec: avc1

You have to upload 2560x1440 or UHD/4K - then Youtube will convert you video's to codec: vp9
If you have many viewers, even 1920x1080 will be converted to vp9

Return to posts index

Lindsay Thompson
on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:11:56 am

Thank you! This is what I have been reading. Just wanted to run it by people on this forum. Because I have done most my learning by googling questions, I have made some assumptions, such as transcoding, which I did not need to worry about on Sony Vegas. Sooo...thanks.

Sony Vegas Pro 14 Noob

Return to posts index

Lindsay Thompson
on Feb 10, 2018 at 1:12:50 am

Ole,

I was wondering if 2704 x 1520 is supposed to give the more superior Youtube codec: vp9? You had mentioned 2560x1440 or UHD/4K.

I ask because I rendered at 2704 x 1520 and YouTube still stuck me with the avc1, and my drone footage looks deplorable. Are there other changes in the render settings I need to make to get vp9, such as changing the bit rate??

Looking forward to hearing from you!

By the way, I am using 2704 x 1520 native footage, at 23.9fps.

Sony Vegas Pro 14 Noob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]