Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bruce Brent
Re: Vegas Video 14 -- Can't get Magix customer support to fix it
on Feb 3, 2018 at 4:42:55 pm

You know what they say...."you get what you pay for"

That being said, I've been a member of Creative Cow and owner of Sony's Vegas version 2 (before it had "Pro" in its name). Yes, I have not posted much, especially answers as I "read to learn." Back in 2002, myself and Gary Gowman (he's been long gone from this forum) had, what I suspect, was the first live classroom via My Space. Gary handled the monitor, movements around Vegas and his words to teach those around the world (I would provide the host duties and have anyone ask questions on how to accomplish a task) with live audio and video.

I've watched people come and go, I've seen/read posts from accomplished video editors such as Douglas Spotted Eagle, Ed Troxel, Tim Duncan and the only true professional who's still associated John Rofrano. Those others and others who were either just learning or others who found a better, more stable and competent video editing software "jumped ship." Also, I read through posts that were abusive, read through some that had grudges and a few downright feuds among themselves.

I've been attending NAB since the late 90's, of course first going to the Sony booth to chat with the Vegas code writers and ask and learn from them. The past five or six years, I've seen Sony's Vegas Pro degrade. Instead of improvements to the software, they'd subcontract or have a third party create plugins which created conflicts within Vegas Pro. Then, Sony added (with the knowledge Sony would abandon Vegas Pro) Cataylst video editing software. Seems it wasn't as powerful as Vegas Pro. At Sony's Booth at NAB that first year reps were there presenting Catalyst, only two reps were there, not much hardware associated with it was present. Just as I thought: " a dud" of a software. You don't hear much about it currently.

As I had previously mentioned, most of those who posted to Creative Cow back then are gone. I'm guessing DaVinci had taken over the previous duties as a decent video editing software with support and a great community to support it.

I feel bad for Gary Rebholz. He sunk his money and his life into the current state of Vegas Pro. He's got to get his head back in the game and get users happy, not pissed because of the lack of support for the product.

As for "versions" of this software...instead of fixing issues within a certain version, Magix is creating a newer version so users have to buy the new version to get their software to work properly. Magix/Gary, you are losing the fight.

For myself, I will not purchase any further versions of Vegas Pro. DaVinci is looking better and better with each complaint posted on this forum. If any other user is thinking of "jumping ship" to another editing software, let us all know why you might do the same.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]