FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disable Resample & Additional Frames

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cat Kin
Disable Resample & Additional Frames
on Feb 3, 2018 at 5:19:42 am

Hi guys, I'm new to the website and Sony Vegas; it's nice to meet you guys!

Anyways, I started a project recently and began arranging clips to create a video. I didn't learn about the effects of the resample until mid-way, but then I went back and manually disabled each resample option and went to project properties to select the disable resample option. Yet today, I found out some of my clips still had the effect of having additional frames added in at random moments.

Am I doing something wrong still?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: Disable Resample & Additional Frames
on Feb 3, 2018 at 4:43:23 pm

I'm not sure this is the answer but if you have extra frames it may be Time Format which is located as a dropdown right under your time counter on the left. Drop Frame adds one frame every so often to compensate for the 29.97 frame rate to bring it up to 30 frames.
Roger

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Cat Kin
on Feb 4, 2018 at 12:01:58 am

Hi Roger! Thanks for your quick reply!
(I should mention, I'm using Sony Vegas 14)
I tried your suggestion and went to the time format (I'm using times and frames) but I don't have the Drop Frame option. Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Cat Kin
on Feb 4, 2018 at 3:50:31 am

Additionally- I found when I tried to lengthen a video (by pulling it back) it had a couple of frames I didn't want so I tried to use trim start, but then it kept re-adding those frames XD

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Feb 4, 2018 at 11:52:56 am

Hopefully someone else will reply as I don't really know if I'm on the right track but here's one thing I've noticed:
If you have an audio file or "ungroup" an event, the audio file will not snap to the video event. So then if you click on that audio event (or clip as some call it) it can end up half way or so between frames.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]