FORUMS: list search recent posts

VP not saving

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
VP not saving
on Jan 24, 2018 at 8:23:06 am

Yesterday I found to my horror that a project I had been working on had not been saved although I did repeatedly press the save button on the top left of my screen. I closed the project after more work, saved as usual, and closed VP12. When I started up this morning, I got the message again that VP was not closed properly, and would I want to use the autosaved project. This proved to be the same autosaved project I returned to yesterday. Obviously autosave is on, but in the hour and a half I worked since the last autosave, there hadn't been another one. And pressing save does not save the project.
This morning I saved the autosave project under another name. This worked. How can I be sure that my projects are saved, and why were they not despite pressing save every ten minutes?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: VP not saving
on Jan 24, 2018 at 9:12:40 am

[Joost Zeeveneegelbeek] "How can I be sure that my projects are saved, and why were they not despite pressing save every ten minutes?"
Yup. Been there done that got many a T shirt.

Firstly, interrogate your Vegas Temporary Folder. V puts your autosaves there. Anything you see you want to delete? Can you see an ancient UNDOs and REDOs? Secondly I change or update Project name/s as I go along: MyProject 1a ; MyProject 2a ... etc etc.

I also have Edward Troxel’s Auto Save utility running. My bottom has been saved on numerous occasions with his script. I don’t even know it’s operating - till that time 😏

Yeah, Software ain’t clever enough to deal with ALL our creative outpourings. Thank heavens. If Saving regularly isn’t getting you what you want, then employ strategies to over come it and then move on.

I hope this has helped?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on Jan 24, 2018 at 9:48:07 am

I did look up the temporary files folder, but didn't know it could be a problem. I'll check to see what can be deleted.
I tried to find the utility you mention. Where can I find it, and how do I use it?

Frequently renaming my project as you mentioned has been a practice for as long as I can remember. I do however save a project under the same name several times before renaming it. Otherwise the count would run into the hundreds for relatively small projects.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 24, 2018 at 12:26:00 pm

I’ve sent a request to the developer to respond here.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on Jan 24, 2018 at 2:34:12 pm

Thanks.
I found the software: Exaclibur. I misread the name on my phone. My eyes....
Anyway: in the temporary files folder I couldn't find anything on undo's and redo's. I deleted a lot of files I thought I could miss, only to find them renewed once I started Vegas again.

I installed Excalibur and found it in Vegas. I read the manual. Despite all this I could not find what was described in the manual for autosaving anywhere in the dedicated window. Since I could also not pay for the software (I was redirected to a non existent page I believe, which is a bit alarming when you come to think of it) and without payment it can only be used for 15 days, I removed it. Much better to find and eliminate the problem, than to add stuff to remedy the then still existing problem. Non of the other functionalities of the software I need.

So I am still hoping to find the cause of this saving problem. It appeared that a newer version of my project was actually saved. It did not however appear in the recent projects list, nor was the one autosaved by Vegas.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jan 24, 2018 at 5:48:17 pm

The "AutoSave" tool is under Tools - Extensions. Open Auto Save there to set the various options and to "turn it on". You can also use the "Save now with note" option to save a version now with a descriptive note added.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 24, 2018 at 5:56:14 pm

Thanks Edward.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on Jan 24, 2018 at 7:30:51 pm

I use SVP12 and therefor installed the software indicated for SVP 8 thru 12. There, under extensions, I saw no mention of autosave, save or anything like that. Sorry.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jan 25, 2018 at 4:32:58 pm

Yes, it is included in the 8-12 version as well. It is under Tools - Extensions (not "View"). Please make sure you are looking in the proper place - under TOOLS.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on Jan 25, 2018 at 6:21:11 pm

Thanks for the quick and to the point explanation.

J.J.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]