FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting / Editing / Rendering ...Oh my! Help with settings!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Thompson
Shooting / Editing / Rendering ...Oh my! Help with settings!
on Jan 24, 2018 at 1:22:34 am
Last Edited By Lindsay Thompson on Jan 24, 2018 at 3:56:22 am

Good day to all! I am new to this forum and glad to be here.

I am just starting out with Sony V 14, and I am a bit confused with files sizes, formats as they apply to shooting film, editing it, and then rendering. Please, bare with a little info and a few questions.

I got a dji drone and want to film at the best quality I can for our small business (off-road vehicles). I also have a Nikon DSLR. I will often combine the two videos together to make one video. I would like to film with the drone in 2K, 24fps, and 60 fps for slow-mo. This will be .mp4 format. The camera only goes up to 1080p, also in .mp4.

Will I pull them both on to the same timeline to do color editing and then slicing and joining? Or do I need to work on them separately in their specific formats and speeds?

Or do I need to work in a special "editing" format? If so, what would be best?

If it is OK to join the two formats on one timeline, must I render to the smaller 1080p to avoid stretching out 1080p at a 2K render?

Should I just shoot the drone in 1080P so that it works better with the Nikon, which only goes up to 1080p?

I would be using the footage mostly for Youtube, Facebook and Intragram. But also, I may make CDs for the family.

Would I render out at two different options in this case?

Ha! Sorry so long. I will get the hand of it! I am nothing if not tenacious!

Cheers,
Lindsay

Sony Vegas Pro 14 Noob

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: Shooting / Editing / Rendering
on Jan 24, 2018 at 12:21:19 pm

Others I'm sure can give you more and better advice but yes you can put all your video on one time line.
You can color correct all of them on the same timeline as well. If you want to color correct the entire timeline you can do so by using the "Track FX" (the very left window) or color correct an individual event (some people call them clips) on the track itself by using the "Event FX".
You can mix and match file formats. Just open a new project and set your preferences there. Vegas will take care of the rest.
If you want to make a CD (I'm assuming you mean DVD) then you can use "Vegas Architect" to do that.
Hope that helps a bit.
I know it's terribly confusing starting out with editing programs.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Lindsay Thompson
on Jan 24, 2018 at 4:59:56 pm

Thank you for answering, Roger! I really do appreciate it in this busy world!

A follow up to your answers....

So I realize I can set the project settings...by this I mean, I am assuming that I can use 2K video and 1080p video together in both 1080p and 2k project settings?

But is it incorrect to render out a 1080p video in 2K because it will stretch it out too much?

Thanks again. Look forward to hearing your reply!

-Lindsay

Sony Vegas Pro 14 Noob

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Jan 24, 2018 at 5:43:22 pm

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question but I don't think it matters what video formats you put on the timeline. Vegas will render out your video in whatever properties you have set it to and it will look fine and I think you can pretty much upload any format to YouTube, even 4K.
I always use "MainConcept AVC/AAC" with the "Internet HD 1080p" when I upload to YouTube.
Now if you're going to make a DVD that's another story. You have to render "MainConcept MPEG-2 " and the "DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen" and also render "Stereo" in the "Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio".
From there you have to put it in "Architect" which is another whole story of learning.
Maybe someone else can jump in and answer better than I.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Lindsay Thompson
on Jan 25, 2018 at 10:34:30 pm

Ok, got it. Thank you very much. I really look forward to the day when I can help others! lol!

Sony Vegas Pro 14 Noob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]