FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie: MP3 files won't play when imported with action camera video.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Miller
Newbie: MP3 files won't play when imported with action camera video.
on Jan 22, 2018 at 9:48:37 pm
Last Edited By Bob Miller on Jan 22, 2018 at 11:00:51 pm

I am just beginning to familiarize myself with Vegas Pro 15. I haven't used a video editing program in several years and that was just Windows Movie Maker. As an initial test, I imported a video from my new action camera and the video plays but the audio is just static. However, when I import an MP3 file from my music collection, it works fine. I tried importing into Windows Live Movie maker and both video and audio worked fine. The video is in 4K resolution, if that makes any difference.

I did a quick search for this problem and ran into several threads started by people having the same problem with earlier versions of Vegas Pro but the discussions were so technical that they gave me a headache and after pages of all kinds of technical suggestions that I didn't understand anyway, a fix wasn't found. So, please, if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it if you could explain it in plain English for this 68 year-old non-geek.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and I have the latest Windows update that just came out last week (January 2018). Everything in my system is kept up-to-date.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it (probably not) but I noticed that when I open Vegas Pro, my iTunes stops playing. I just thought I'd mention that in case it's diagnostic.

Return to posts index

Bob Miller
Re: Newbie: MP3 files won't play when imported with action camera video.
on Jan 23, 2018 at 2:25:12 pm

I found the fix for the problem I was having after reading various supposed fixes and watching a bunch of YouTube videos. The solution was very simple but rather than writing them down, here's a link to the YouTube video that worked for me for anyone who may experience the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]