FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nesting or smart render for huge MPG2 project?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reinis Lacis
Nesting or smart render for huge MPG2 project?
on Jan 20, 2018 at 10:31:54 pm

Hello everyone!

I have a question about what could be the best way to proceed with a rather large MPEG-2 project.

So I basically ran my computer into the ground by trying to make a 20+ minute long video which had sources within many DVDs (all are VIDEO_TS folders of .VOB files). It unsurprisingly reached a point where the project would crash within a couple of minutes any time I opened it.

After doing some reading, now I know that either nesting or doing a smart render would have been much smarter (I have had previous experience so things like GPU acceleration had been turned down). I tried to apply it to the project which I had started (by copying parts of it to new project files), but, yeah, the project was just too ready to crash at any moment. Therefore I decided that I should cut my losses and start over again.

Is there, perhaps, a method which you would recommend? All of the sources are MPEG-2's, 29.970, 720x480.

What could be a decent and almost lossless choice for the output format if I tried making three separate videos and then rendered them together?

Thanks!

Reinis

Return to posts index

Reinis Lacis
Re: Nesting or smart render for huge MPG2 project?
on Jan 23, 2018 at 11:35:14 pm

Wanted to do a slight bump for the thread. Hope it isn't against the rules of the board (if it is, I apologize).

Can anyone, please, offer me any advice in this matter?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]