FORUMS: list search recent posts

rendering failure vegas 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian langtry
rendering failure vegas 14
on Jan 18, 2018 at 3:39:48 pm

I'm hoping someone may be able to help?
Have just finished a short 15 minute piece which when I attempt to render starts and then stops - multiple tries at the render do not always stop in the same place which is confusing me.
My last attempt brought up the message of termination and -clicking on the box which gives date about the problem- the message is as follows-
Problem- unmanaged Exception (Oxc00005)
Fault address- Ox00001112C71O
Fault offset- " " " as above.
Process Pall D:/Program Files /VEGAS/Vegas pro14
Version 14.0 (Build161) 64 bit
Process image Date 2016-09-13 (Tues Sept.13
Although I have been using Vegas for some 10 years I do not claim deep knowledge basically enough to make documentary films and am totally fazed as to what the issue forcing render abortion is . Desperate to find a solution to this so any assistance would be more than welcomed.This is the first project I have done on Vegas 14.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: rendering failure vegas 14
on Jan 18, 2018 at 4:05:58 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jan 18, 2018 at 4:12:27 pm

[brian langtry] "Version 14.0 (Build161) 64 bit
Process image Date 2016-09-13 (Tues Sept.13"
Hi Brian, that’s an awfully, awfully early Build of VP14, and as such you may be dealing with bugs that have now been squashed. So, you might want to install the latest Build. I do this to give me the best start with finding solutions. Up to you. If you do and you still get Render issues come back here.

Yes I could suggest, Uncheck GPU Acceleration, supply us with Project Settings and so on, but not having the latest/last Build update you're already punching blind.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 19, 2018 at 3:39:11 pm

I hate rendering in Vegas. I have multiple failures on every version of MVP 14 & 15, it kills me and waster SO MUCH of my time. It happens on 3 different machines, Windows 7, 10 Nvidia GPU, AMD GPU, Mac Pro (running Bootcamp), nesting, turning off GPU when I render etc...I can't stand it.
If someone has an answer, I would LOVE to hear it!!!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 19, 2018 at 3:56:22 pm

[Scott Francis] "If someone has an answer, I would LOVE to hear it!!!"
Scott, I’ve been rendering stuff in Vegas since 2002. I do know that I have to fit Project and Render Template together. If it wouldn’t, I create a DI and Render that out. My experience has been renders behave awfully well. What can I say?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 19, 2018 at 4:02:03 pm

Not sure what you mean by "I have to fit Project and Render Template together?" Matching the project format and render format? I usually render to MXF that matches my project. And what do you meant by "I create a DI?"

I have been using Vegas since it came out, and honestly rendering has gotten worse and worse for me. I was trying to render out an hour long dance recital, one camera with titling and audio last week and it took 6 TRIES!! I sat and waited for 2 hours till it finally completed. This is in the newest build of MVP15.

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 19, 2018 at 4:18:19 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jan 19, 2018 at 4:46:06 pm

[Scott Francis] "Not sure what you mean by "I have to fit Project and Render Template together?" Matching the project format and render format? I usually render to MXF that matches my project. And what do you meant by "I create a DI?""
Digital Intermediary (DI). By the sound of it you do exactly what I do. Now I’m interested, and not wishing to hijack our friend’s thread here, can you render anything out of Vegas? Sometimes I do have PLUGS behaving badly. 😒

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 19, 2018 at 4:55:25 pm

It takes me a LOT in the last 2 years to render. I had 2 Boris FX on ONE 10 second intro and a Boris transition on the same 10 second clip (it was a PNG that I added dropshadow, glow and a swish pan transition to) that was their logo at the very beginning of the timeline. No other FX or plugins AT ALL.

Renders would fail from 50% or so up to 98%. I tried nesting, turning off GPU, and I was only using two tracks of video one for titles the other the video (MP4 from my Canon XA35). I had to tracks of audio which were CD wave files of the music and what came from the camera. All other transitions were basic fades and there was one volume envelope. Basic down and dirty simple edit.

I have a new i9 7920X 12 core processor with quad channel memory (32gb), NVIDIA 1080 8GB GPU, 256 NVmE SSD M2 drive for system, Gigabyte Aurous motherboard, a 500GB Samsung SSD drive I render to, and two 4TB data drives I store project files to. Absolutely KILLER system...

I have had issues in MVP 14 on my 12 core Mac Pro with similar HDD's and an 32 GB ram, AMD 7950 4GB GPU, running bootcamp, and also with an i7 4970 with 32GB ram AMD R9 290 4GB GPU and again similar SSDs and HD's.

Been a real nightmare

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 19, 2018 at 5:13:48 pm

[Scott Francis] "I had 2 Boris FX on ONE 10 second intro and a Boris transition on the same 10 second clip (it was a PNG that I added dropshadow, glow and a swish pan transition to) that was their logo at the very beginning of the timeline."
Ooo, that’s loads of processing. Your PNG was your Base Media? It had a Transparent BG? I’d have tried rendering to a Transparent MOV prior to adding FXing. Do give it a go.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 19, 2018 at 5:18:52 pm

It was 10 seconds long at the beginning of the entire timeline. Why would THAT cause a render failure at 50% or 98% of the way through the 62 minute video?

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 19, 2018 at 5:56:07 pm

Too much math going on at that point. Try rendering out as I suggested.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 19, 2018 at 7:27:15 pm

If THAT is too much math for Vegas to handle, I need to move on to another NLE.

Best
X

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jan 19, 2018 at 8:08:12 pm

You could try sending your project to MAGIX and get them to test it. I don’t work for MAGIX.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 19, 2018 at 5:20:42 pm

It was ONE transparent BG PNG that was their logo that lasted 10 seconds. It took about 30 seconds to "render" and then the rest was hopping along at about 120-18-FPS.

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]