FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export AAF Error

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marissa Williams
Export AAF Error
on Jan 8, 2018 at 12:38:47 am

I have no clue what the issue is. I'm trying to export my Vegas project file as an AAF, so I can edit using After Effects.

The first thing I was told was to Save As... my project file, but save it as an .aaf instead of .veg. I don't know why but my Vegas 14 only allows me to save as .veg, there are no other options.

Second time I tried, I told it to export the file as .aaf, Media Composer AAF File, but everything it finishes copying the files, I keep getting this error message The specific file names were changed.

Archiving C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\conversation.veg
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\conversation.aaf
Copied F:\aaa.mp4
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\aaa.mp4
Copied F:\Movies\bbb].mp4
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\bbb.mp4
Copied F:\Movies\ccc.mp4
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\ccc.mp4
Copied F:\Music\ddd.mp3
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\ddd.mp3
Copied F:\Television\Angel\eee.avi
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\eee.avi
Copied F:\Television\fff.mp4
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\fff.mp4
Copied F:\Television\ggg.avi
to C:\Users\livia_000\Desktop\ggg.avi
Deinterlace method ignored.
Motion blur type ignored.
Unexpected problem: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at VegasScripts.MediaComposerExporter.VegasScripts.IExporter.AddMediaItem(String parentBin, Media media)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.ExportMediaPool(Project project, MediaPool pool)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.ExportAll(Project project, String outputFile)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.ExportProjectStep.ExportProjectStep_DoWork()
at ScriptPortal.MediaSoftware.Archive.SinglethreadStep.Run()
at ScriptPortal.MediaSoftware.Archive.Steps.NextStep()
Archiving complete.

If someone could please help me figure this out

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
Re: Export AAF Error
on Jan 8, 2018 at 12:56:54 am

Yes, AAF is not a "save" but an "export" option in Vegas Pro.

Maybe your Vegas Pro project structure is too complex to adopt to AAF or tools are used which could not be rebuild in AAF.

Return to posts index

marissa Williams
on Jan 8, 2018 at 1:40:23 pm

Is it maybe the version of Vegas that needs updated? I don't even have anything strong so far, 8 project media files, Brightness/Contrast, and basic fade and velocity.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on Jan 8, 2018 at 3:03:17 pm

I think any FX used could break an AAF workflow though usually FX should just be ignored without causing an error.

Also velocity is something not trivial to transfer.

Did you try using a most simple test project which doesn't contain any FX, just plain events with simple cuts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]