FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange unexplainable issue with project creating "pop/crackle" sounds not heard in source files...

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Shan
Strange unexplainable issue with project creating "pop/crackle" sounds not heard in source files...
on Jan 4, 2018 at 4:27:20 am

I've been working on a large project for over a year, 3-hour video with many intersecting segments and 6 channels. A few months ago, crackle noises started appearing in the audio preview, but rendering never carried them over. Now, for some reason the crackling has expanded throughout most of the project and carries over through rendering. But, the weird part is that if I single out an area where there is a crackle or two and render that area, the crackle/pops disappear most of the time and the audio returns to normal (while not every time).

I've tried just rendering the first 10 minutes, didn't work. Tried copying the source files and replacing the one in project with the copy, doesn't work. Tried cutting the audio out of the source again to replace the bugged segment, but the bugged crackles just carry over to that! Another weird thing though is when I drag another instance of the source in the project, the crackles also disappear, even if I cut out the same segment - yet it bugs again when I move it where I want it.

I'm relatively new to Sony Vegas and this was one of my first projects when I began, and I did accidentally delete a file that it continually gives me an error about when I open it, but I never had an issue for almost a year. Error: "A nested project media file was not found (C:\Users . . . . FILE.veg.bak)"

The only thing that's happened in this time-frame that might've been the reason is one of my drives for some reason changed letter at some point and the project automatically relocated all the files, but it seemed to do it just fine. Any help would be appreciated! I could possibly fix the audio with the loopholes I've found, but it might take months.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Strange unexplainable issue with project creating "pop/crackle" sounds not heard in source files...
on Jan 4, 2018 at 4:55:51 am

Which version of Vegas?

Return to posts index

Ryan Shan
Re: Strange unexplainable issue with project creating "pop/crackle" sounds not heard in source files...
on Jan 4, 2018 at 5:11:08 am
Last Edited By Ryan Shan on Jan 4, 2018 at 6:28:04 am

Oh haha, my bad.

Vegas Pro 13.0 64bit

EDIT: After some testing I found out it wasn't a project error, but something was up with the application itself. I reinstalled completely and now it's fixed!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jan 4, 2018 at 5:31:47 pm

You meant you re-installed Vegas 13? ....
And which build of Vegas 13 is that?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]