FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange video project corruption problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Tettnanger
Strange video project corruption problem
on Jan 4, 2018 at 1:14:20 am

Hey all... I've been having this problem for about a year now in Sony Vegas and thought I would sign up and try to get help.

I have a video project that I load daily, make some changes, and render. The changes are mostly just dropping in new media, changing the playback and velocity rate, etc. It appears there is a cumulative problem going on where after awhile, when I drop in a new media object and move it around on the timeline, it will completely crash Vegas. If I load Vegas again, load the project, and drop it in, it will keep crashing.

The only thing that fixes it is creating a new video project from scratch and dropping in the media, replacing the old .veg file. This leads me to believe there is some sort of corruption caused by cached or temporary files that the project refuses to release. Can anyone clue me in to any settings where I can fix my project to keep this from happening?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Strange video project corruption problem
on Jan 5, 2018 at 11:38:36 am

Hi Mark. There could be numerous causes for your problem. New plug-ins, hardware change/modification, software updates, OS updates' etc... There are so many variables that in order to help pinpoint the cause(s), this is what I do.

Bare with me. Vegas has a feature that auto saves on a regular basis, which is nice but none should rely on it. After making any significant changes, modifications, additions, etc... It is prudent and wise to save your project with a different name. For example, if I name my project BOB.veg then the next time I save it I will save it under BOB_1.veg, BOB_2.veg and so forth. This way you can go ''back in time'' and it is easier to identify the point when a problem comes up.

VEG files are really small, from a few KB to a couple of Megs. Also try to segregate your files on separate disks.

All of that being said, without knowing your hardware specs, I would take a look at that first to eliminate that possibility and then move on to the software.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]