FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preview Pixelates whenever smaller image is added to timeline

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Honour O'Brien
Preview Pixelates whenever smaller image is added to timeline
on Dec 31, 2017 at 1:41:49 am

Alright so I'm putting together a video that requires multiple video tracks, and I have never encountered this issue before.

I have my background image set, and its 1920x1080, just like my video settings. It looks fine.
Then once I try to add a smaller image (110x110), the images all suddenly pixelate. How do I fix this? It's incredibly frustrating that I just made an entire video without a problem, then as I go to work on the next it suddenly decides to act up.

Screenshots provided via imgur: https://imgur.com/a/97WDc

Return to posts index

Nate Krämer
Re: Preview Pixelates whenever smaller image is added to timeline
on Dec 31, 2017 at 11:13:13 am

Had the same problem, did you turned GPU acceleration off in Options/Preferences/Video? (and set render settings to "draft"?)

Credits for this solution to Marco Bear ;)

Return to posts index

Honour O'Brien
on Dec 31, 2017 at 8:36:49 pm

GPU Acceleration was turned on, so I turned it off then restarted Sony Vegas, checked to make sure it was off still (it was), and nothing changed.
Not sure what you mean by "render settings." If you mean the preview mode, I've tried every setting. Draft, Preview, Good, Best, and every setting in between.

So still looking for a solution. :(

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 1, 2018 at 7:29:25 am

Look at this thread.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/disable-image-stretching--1...
It describes the problem you are having. This is the way Vegas works. Solutions are offered in the thread as well.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Honour O'Brien
on Jan 1, 2018 at 8:04:12 pm

It did not help actually :/ I can resize the smaller images to the size I want them no problem, but the fact that all other images get shrunk for some reason is what I'm trying to solve.
Any Image bigger than the pixel art gets reduced to a very low resolution and size, and even if I try to resize it in Pan/Crop it doesn't return to its original resolution or size.

I'm not trying to disable image stretching, I'm trying to keep Vegas from shrinking images when other images are added. Again, I've never encountered this problem before.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jan 2, 2018 at 12:16:08 am

I looked at your initial screen grabs again and for some reason, you changed the project resolution (originally 1920 x 1080) down to 110 x 110--the size of your small image. Once you add the "small image", make sure that your project resolution remains at its original size.

In any case, the best way to add a tiny image to the timeline without Vegas wanting to resize is to first create a transparent blank image in an external photo editor. Then add the small image to that and save as a png. Then you will have a 1920 x 1080 image that is transparent except for the small image that you've added on top. Then you are free to move the tiny image about using pan/crop.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]