FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Issues w/ Vegas Pro 13+

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Noel
Multiple Issues w/ Vegas Pro 13+
on Dec 25, 2017 at 4:39:03 pm

I will try to make this as brief as possible. In the past I used Sony Vegas Pro 12 build 770 with absolutely zero issues. The only thing that has changed between then and now is a reinstall of Windows (same version) which subsequently lead to me being unable to reinstall the same version of Vegas I was previously using. Since then, I installed Vegas 13 (the first working version I was able to find) and Vegas 14 (recently acquired with the Humble Bundle) but both of these versions give me the same issues.

First, the program hangs up at "building peaks" for certain files, always the same ones. I was able to fix this by renaming the folder FileIO Plug-Ins\compoundplug to compoundplug.disabled. This seems to fix this issue with no immediate downsides, although I am unsure if these two issues are related.

Next, some of my audio files are ridiculously out of sync. I record using NVIDIA ShadowPlay and I have read about how the variable framerate it outputs with can cause issues. However, I have used ShadowPlay for every video I have ever edited for the past few years and have had absolutely zero issues with this in Vegas 12. I wasn't even aware of this being an issue because for me it was nonexistent. I have read about a few workarounds such as converting the files in HandBrake, but this is not a viable option when I am working with hundreds of large video files for each project. This only seems to happen to a few of my files, not all of them, and it even happens with files that I know have worked in the past when I was still working with Vegas 12. I am inclined to believe this is some sort of setting that I am missing, but I just cannot figure it out.

Lastly, when working with a larger project file, Vegas 14 just plain crashes sometimes for no reason. It happens most frequently when I click onto a different window and then back onto Vegas, but it also seems to happen randomly. My legal copy of Vegas 14 seems to take longer to load and overall just run slower than my previous less-than-legal version of Vegas 12 that I have had none of the above issues with. I have searched high and low for the same version of Vegas that I once had, but I cannot find a working version anywhere. All of these issues combined are mentally destroying me as I have spent dozens of hours at this point trying to fix them to no avail. My next question is, would there be any way to use my existing Vegas 14 key to license Vegas 12? I am assuming this is not possible and thus am trying to fix the issues I have in the current version, but any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Zach

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Multiple Issues w/ Vegas Pro 13+
on Dec 25, 2017 at 7:21:50 pm
Last Edited By Paul Berk on Dec 25, 2017 at 7:26:19 pm

>>only thing that has changed between then and now is a reinstall of Windows (same version) which subsequently lead to me being unable to reinstall the same version of Vegas I was previously using .... less-than-legal version of Vegas 12 ...

So basically your saying the .veg files you generated with the " less-than-legal version of Vegas 12" have problems ..

Can you start a new project in V13 or V14 with the problem media -- or does the same problem occur with that media and a brand new project as with your old V12 veg files?

Return to posts index

Zach Noel
on Dec 25, 2017 at 8:58:09 pm

No, this problem occurs with a new or old project. I have tried both.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 25, 2017 at 11:33:30 pm

Are you using the same video card and video card driver you used with V12 ? This may be the issue --

You need to narrow done what works in V14 and what does not. Can you record something new and use it in V14? Does any of your old media work in V14 ? .. What's different about the media that does not work in V14 now?

Here's some possibles on another forum:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/869135/geforce-experience/shadowpl...

Return to posts index

Zach Noel
on Dec 26, 2017 at 1:47:35 am

I am running the same hardware and software now as I was with V12. It was on 12/12 when I was forced to reinstall windows, just over 2 weeks ago. I have always kept my drivers up to date and my ShadowPlay settings are exactly the same. The audio desync only happens to random clips it seems, but it happens to both new and old footage from before the reinstall. Every other issue is the same way. I was using V12 for years without a single problem which is why I am convinced it is either a setting I am missing in the newer versions or a problem with the versions themselves. I am really desperate for answers as every solution I can find online is just a cheap work aroune and not a solution to my actual problems.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 26, 2017 at 7:38:56 pm

I don't think there is a setting in Vegas that would throw your media out of sync. It's much more likely that you don't have the right codec for the media or it is some driver problem. In any case, it seems that some media runs ok and some does not. You call it random. It's possible things like hardware failing, (memory failure or power supply issues) can cause "random" problems with computers .. otherwise, not likely that this is really random.

You need a way to narrow things down. Since you say all your media is from the same software, Shadowplay , Use mediainfo on the media that works and does not work. See if they are different.

I've used Vegas since Version 6 -- in all that time weird problems like the one you describe have related to media that was not friendly to Vegas. For example, variable frame rate stuff has never been good for Vegas. It has happened that media that worked in a previous version no longer works in a newer version. Mediainfo might tell you what, if anything, is different about the media that "works" and media that does not. I'd be surprised if they are identical. But if they are, you may need to test that same media on a VP14 setup on a completely different computer to narrow things down further.

This is just my opinion. I don't claim to have your answer.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Return to posts index

Zach Noel
on Dec 26, 2017 at 8:47:11 pm

I have installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack both before and after the Windows reinstall. I cannot see anything different in the media files. Also, the clips that have audio desync play completely normally in a regular media player, it's only when loaded into Vegas that it desyncs. I have read about variable framerate being the issue, but I do not understand why it worked so flawlessly in V12 versus V13/14. Lastly, I do not have access to another machine to test V14 on as this is my only computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]