FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to let video colour change slowly

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Bresters
Trying to let video colour change slowly
on Dec 23, 2017 at 2:53:27 pm

Hi,

I'm making a video in which there is only one picture, and I want it to have a full infrared effect at the start of the video and let it change back to the original colour by the end of the video, so the Infrared effect can be seen less and less untill it's all gone after three minutes. I figured I'd do that by using the keyframes. The problem is that once I set the keyframes right at the Video Event FX and I try to preview how the effect looks in the video at the preview screen, no effect can be seen when I play it. Only when the video is not playing and I'm skipping through it on the timeline, I can see the effects changing as I set it with the keyframes.

I did manage to make it work yesterday as I wanted it, but then another problem appeared: I have these (legacy) texts I want to use in the video, but yesterday I previewed the video with the right infrared effect, but everytime a text appeared in the screen, it affected the amounts of Infrared effect. So for instance: at 30 seconds into the video, the Infrared effect was 93%. Then the text appeared and the overall Infrared effect jumped to 97%. When that particular text ended, it jumped back to 92%, which is the percentage of effect I would have normally seen at that point in the video.

So I have two questions I hope you can help me out with:
01) How do I get the Infrared effect to go from 100& at the start of the video to 0% at the end of the video, and next, how do I make that appear when I preview the video from the timeline
02) How can I avoid the (legacy) texts to affect the Video FX effects in the video beneath it?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Trying to let video colour change slowly
on Dec 25, 2017 at 8:33:38 pm

How are you doing the infrared effect? Is it an FX or combination of FX?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]