FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep using svp13 for subs or change?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
Keep using svp13 for subs or change?
on Dec 13, 2017 at 12:15:42 pm

I have Sony Vegas Pro 13, architect 6, caption assistant, vegasaurus, handbrake.

Today:
I wanted to end up with an mp4 with captions burned in & coloured for different speakers and occasionally moved around the screen.

I had some captions from you tube which needed correcting.
They would only export in sbv format.
None of my captioning programs could read in sbv.
I used an online conversion to get srt .
I imported to Vegas but wanted to change them all to bottom Centre & couldn’t figure out how to do that all at once?
Then, I wanted to change the colours of some of them but couldn’t get hoe to do that either, even after reading the help section.
Then I thought caption assistant would read the srt s and allow me to change them, but it only seems to read in text files, correct? It couldn’t pick up the srt S as they were in the Vegas project, or process the existing markers in the project, it wanted me to retime.
I then converted to text using vegasaur which retained all my timings which was good but I had a lot of trouble changing thea titles&text template to suit my needs.

Anyway I know this was way too long a process but I don’t actually know what the best process is. I have to be able to burn in but I also need to be able to edit the footage (add copyright notices and cut sections out), Plus full control of subs formatting.

Maybe I should be doing my subs in something like subtitle edit and then burning with handbrake?

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Keep using svp13 for subs or change?
on Dec 17, 2017 at 12:47:38 am

Hi Amanda !

You may want to take a look at Caption Assistant from Vasst.

Works beautifully.

I am not sure if they have a ''Try before you buy'' option.

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]