FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd Vegas Crop / Edges Missing Bug?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Mac
Odd Vegas Crop / Edges Missing Bug?
on Dec 6, 2017 at 7:42:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been using Vegas for a few years and have just upgraded to 15 - I'd class myself as an intermediate user with dubious holes in my knowledge.

I've been bashing my head off a brick wall with this problem today - never noticed it before. I have a 1920x1080 project and when importing a 1920x1050 video I noticed Vegas had automatically zoomed it in instead of having black bars at the top and bottom. Nice, I thought... only I want black bars and I don't want it zoomed in. SO... I hear you hovering on the 'Match Output Aspect' fix but it doesn't work! No matter what I do the missing edges won't show, trust me I've tried everything! Or I'm missing something really stupid...

So, I had a play around with importing .PNG's of various sizes and I *think* this is a bug. Would be really grateful if you could try it as I've been looking at this for so long I'm losing my mind. The problem starts when the image or video reaches 1920x1039. Everything below that (1920x1038, 1920x1000 etc.) works fine and you get black bars top and bottom as expected. As soon as you get to 1920x1039 though Vegas zooms it in and the edges vanish!

Please tell me I'm missing a really simple checkbox that says something along the lines of "Don't zoom in media that's 1920x1039 and above"?? 😆 I've also tried it in Vegas Pro 12 - same problem.

TIA!!

Andy Mac

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Odd Vegas Crop / Edges Missing Bug?
on Dec 7, 2017 at 11:02:26 pm

[Andy Mac] "Please tell me I'm missing a really simple checkbox that says something along the lines of "Don't zoom in media that's 1920x1039 and above"?? "
Try this checkbox in Options | Preferences | Editing:

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Andy Mac
Re: Odd Vegas Crop / Edges Missing Bug?
on Dec 8, 2017 at 12:01:57 pm

Doesn't sort it unfortunately :-(. The problem is with video and stills btw. Vegas tech support got back to me with this but it makes no sense to me...

"In this current version of VEGAS a change has been made to the "Multiply (Mask)" compositing mode to correct inconsistencies and incorrect behavior descried by other customers.

When the image area of an upper track is reduced by track motion and no longer entirely covers the lower tracks. The portions of the lower tracks that are no longer obscured will now show through. The behavior of the "Multiply (Mask)" compositing mode is now consistent with all other compositing modes; and produces a consistent result both when the GPU is enabled or GPU is turned off. (Try your example project in VEGAS Pro 14 with the GPU off and note the result.)"

I can get 'round the problem by just not using footage in the problem dimensions but still, a weird one!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]