FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrible MKV trouble in Vegas Pro 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony DeGennaro
Terrible MKV trouble in Vegas Pro 12
on Dec 3, 2017 at 3:50:53 am

Hello all!

I am having major issues just trying to get some Blu-Ray footage imported into Sony Vegas Pro 12. I recently ripped all of my Rocky collection Blu-Rays to my computer as MKV files using MakeMKV. Then, I tried importing these into Sony Vegas by doing a number of things, all of which have been total failures, haha.

The closest I got was with tsMuxer - I used tsMuxer to convert them to M2TS files, and that actually worked very nicely for the last 2 Rocky movies (Rocky Balboa and Creed), but it didn't work at all for Rocky 1 through 5 (possibly because they are older movies?). I am able to import the MT2S files for Rocky 1 to 5 into Vegas, but Vegas hangs up immediately when I try to move the file to the timeline. Not sure why.

I also tried using Handbrake to convert them to MPEG-2s, but it didn't work (no audio for seemingly no reason). I tried Brorsoft Video Converter to convert the M2TSs into MPEG-2s, and that worked ok until I imported the MPEG-2s into Vegas and then exported the final product (no audio once again). I tried using Avidemux to convert to MPEG-2s, but once again no luck (no sound at all!). I also tried using XMedia Recode, but the video quality is horrible.

I can't believe it's taking this long to do something that should be so simple!! Haha.

Does anyone know how I can simply get these Blu-Rays into Sony Vegas in a format that will work? I'd like the quality to be as close to the original Blu-Ray quality as possible. I don't care what I need to do - I'm fine with starting from the beginning and ripping the Blu-Rays differently or whatever. And once I do get it to work in Vegas, what Codec should I export to?

I would be eternally grateful to anyone who might be able to help!!!!! Haha. I have been up until 2:00am every night all week trying to figure this out but it's no use!! Perhaps someone can help restore my sleep and sanity, haha.

Thanks so much, hope everyone is well!!!
Tony

Return to posts index

Anthony DeGennaro
Re: Terrible MKV trouble in Vegas Pro 12
on Dec 3, 2017 at 5:22:34 am

PS: I tried messing around with tsMuxer a bit more and keep finding puzzling results. I only muxed the first four source files this time around (the H.264 video codec, and the DTS-HD Master Audio track, the DTS audio track, and the AC3 audio track). When I play the final product using Windows Media Player, it works perfectly. When I import it into Vegas, the video track appears to not work at all whatsoever (it's just black - no picture appears). When I click "play," the computer just hangs up.

Not sure what would cause this - but tsMuxer definitely appears to give the best results, up until I import the file into Vegas that is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]