FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 11 - Resolution problems after rendering?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Reynolds
Vegas 11 - Resolution problems after rendering?
on Nov 22, 2017 at 5:48:16 pm

Right, so I actually have two issues - both of which are things I haven't been able to find any solutions for.

A: The 'Rays' effect flickers constantly

B: Resolution of one of my background photos (beneath a layer of text) comes out as having less resolution.

Due to the nature of the project I'm working on (it may be considered offensive to members here) I can't provide screenshots. But I'm sure the issue is replicable, at least with the rays issue.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Vegas 11 - Resolution problems after rendering?
on Nov 23, 2017 at 3:19:22 pm

Sounds like there is a problem with your workflow from source to render.

Start with a video standard project setting. 1280x720, 1920x1080, or UHD.

if your photos are not at least the resolution of your project file, the photos will look less resolved.

If your photos are much larger than the project settings, make sure to scale them correctly with pan crop. You can see the scaled resolution in pan/crop>position display. The height and width should not go below your project resolution.

Render to a video profile that matches your project settings. Make sure the render profile>project setting is set to use "video rendering quality: BEST" This will use the better image scaler in Vegas.

Also make sure to use enough bit rate for the changes in your content. Assuming AVC/MP4, for example 16Mbs-22Mbs for HD, or 50-100 for UHD.

The flicker thing with RAYS sounds like it could be RAYS, since RAYS will flicker with changes in the background material. If you want static rays, you may need to render to a an intermediate layer. Rendering to PNG sequence such that you only end up with the text and rays, and the rest of the image alpha. Then you can layer the PNG sequence on top of the other media. Try rays with just text on a black background and see if it still flickers. This is hard to tell what is going on without seeing the composite.

Return to posts index

Michael Reynolds
Re: Vegas 11 - Resolution problems after rendering?
on Nov 26, 2017 at 4:03:02 pm

I can probably try to replicate it in another project and send it to you. Will that work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]