FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to adjust the render settings to the project settings conveniently?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jens Theisen
How to adjust the render settings to the project settings conveniently?
on Nov 20, 2017 at 4:33:03 pm

A project has a resolution and a frame rate.

A render template has a resolution and a frame rate.

Yet, I seem to need to adjust the latter by hand to match the former. Surely there is a better way?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to adjust the render settings to the project settings conveniently?
on Nov 20, 2017 at 6:29:04 pm

[Jens Theisen] "Surely there is a better way?"
Yes there is. And stop calling me Shirley! šŸ˜‰

The easiest way is to make a Template and use that. Done.

But do tell, how often do you need to make changes that this becomes tiresome? Or are you asking a different thing?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * IntelĀ® Coreā„¢i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jens Theisen
on Nov 21, 2017 at 10:13:28 am

I'm usually asking myself this question when I made a screencast: They are normally in some arbitrary resolution covering only a smaller portion of the screen that made sense for that specific screencast. They can also be in 15, 30 and 60 fps.

It's not a *huge* deal, but it would be really nice if Vegas would be more convenient here.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 21, 2017 at 10:57:29 am

[Jens Theisen] "It's not a *huge* deal, but it would be really nice if Vegas would be more convenient here."
Eh? In exactly what way or convenient would you like/prefer Vegas to be? If you come up with a suggestion, as guys from Magix do read posts, you maybe onto something.

Over to you Jens. šŸ˜

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * IntelĀ® Coreā„¢i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Jens Theisen
on Nov 21, 2017 at 11:33:57 am

Well, a good start would be to display the project resolution/fps in the respective render configuration dialogs where the render resolution/fps is configured - so that I don't have to hunt down what those are from the original video material (I can't access the project settings while in those dialogs which makes things a little more annoying there.)

Even better would a button there to "take resolution and fps from project settings".

Yet even better, but a lot more involved, would be to have templates that don't specify a bitrate, but a quality level (as ffmpeg does at least for h264 encodings) as that could remain constant accross resolutions. With this, you could even offer a "resolution/fps-independent template" to just select on rendering and go without editing anything.

So there you have it, my suggestion for making this a bit better. :-)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 21, 2017 at 11:44:29 am

[Jens Theisen] "Even better would a button there to "take resolution and fps from project settings"."
Jens, have you not tried the Filtering Templates options? Itā€™ll dig out Templates thatā€™ll match parts of your Project and some.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 22, 2017 at 7:48:53 am

If you are running VP15, which I highly recommend, others have a different experience, I've just reacquainted myself with the Render Options and been stunned by the much improved GUI for searching, selecting and adapting Renders and their Templates.

Kudos to the MAGIX engineers.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]