on Nov 17, 2017 at 8:57:53 pm

Frist thing's first, my specs.

System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) i7-4720HQ CPU 2.60GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
Ram : 2GB video ram, 16GB total ram
Storage: 161GB free
(anything I missed, just ask)

Now for the issue. I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 15 and everything is just a little bit laggy, nothing I can't already deal with, when I scroll to zoom in or out the entire thing might lag or when I watch the preview it lags a bit, but the real issue is when I make text media. I like having subtitles in my videos and I enjoy making them, but whenever I go to edit the text, it takes forever. I'll type a word and wait 5-7 seconds for it to appear in the text media pop-out window, I've been dealing with it, but now I want to know if there is a way to avoid or fix this. I don't understand why this happens.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Also, this is my first time posting on these forums, so I'm sorry for any formatting errors or anything like that.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Vegas Pro 15 text media lag
on Nov 18, 2017 at 1:24:46 am

what are you using to generate text ? Which of the generated media? ProType? TItles and Text? NewBlue?

Return to posts index

Cristian Matos
on Nov 19, 2017 at 8:34:23 pm

I've been using Vegas Titles and Text.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 19, 2017 at 11:38:08 pm

This should not happen with Titles and Text .. one possible is your video drivers. I'd check with NVIDA for the latest drivers -- or seek help on this forum for your graphic card --- try to find out which driver people are using with your video card and Win 10 with Vegas 15. I suspect the drivers are causing your problem.

Return to posts index

Cristian Matos
on Nov 20, 2017 at 12:28:56 am

I have tried reinstalling my Nvidia drivers and I have made sure that they (and everything else on my laptop) is up to date.

I thought it might have something to do with my Nvidia graphics card because whenever I set my GPU acceleration to the Nvidia card the Nvidia driver would get corrupted and I would have to reinstall it so I tried the GPU acceleration with the Intel card, it didn't cause anything to crash but it was slower than it is now. I have GPU acceleration disabled entirely and get a "bearable" amount of lag. Since I had disabled the GPU acceleration I thought that it wouldn't be using my Nvidia card at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]