FORUMS: list search recent posts

i am new

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john fairbanks
i am new
on Nov 15, 2017 at 3:47:55 am

hi... i like Vegas but am having a little trouble and thought i should join in order to ask a question once i am unmoderated?... thanks and also the tutorials for Vegas produced a while back by someone associated with creative cow are the best i can find... way to go ... super helpful!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: i am new
on Nov 16, 2017 at 2:58:33 pm

So, what is the problem you are currently experiencing John?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

john fairbanks
on Nov 16, 2017 at 6:34:25 pm

Thanks for asking... first i have sony vegas studio 10 not vegas pro but since the cow tutorials you guys have on pro so often completely apply to veges studio 10, i thought i would join and ask my question.

sometimes veges notices the change of address of a file when i open up a project... it asks me if i want veges to search for the missing file or if i want to specify the new location. lately when i select search and then select the drive... vegas starts the search, finds the file and then... crashes....

I recently installed a separate 2tb drive and that is where all my files are located that are related to my vegas and acid projects..... by the way my sony acid now crashes when it searches for missing files .... i think they may have sometimes done this ...crashed upon searches.. in the past even when the files were on the same drive as the software... back then I on the one disk i always had the media files as least on a separate partition. Also when searching anytime on the C partition... where all the programs and os are installed.... Sony Vegas Studio and Sony Acid Studio almost always crashed. Any help appreciated ... i love both programs and eventually find missing files with the search feature on windows 7 pro.

I have a dell precision m4500 quad 1j 4mb ram with win 7pro.
thanks.

ps... i am trying to be more organized with my files... but things happen

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 16, 2017 at 9:22:29 pm
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on Nov 16, 2017 at 9:26:51 pm

That is a hard one to pin point, seeing as that is an old Vegas/Acid version, plus they are the
studio versions. But im kinda thinking that the new drive you installed is why this is happening.
It may be an issue with that new drive or an issue with the Vegas/Acid Studio dated versions
having an issue with the newer drive architecture.
Have you given any thought of upgrading to a recent version of Vegas Pro?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]