FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need GPU Evaluation for Vegas Pro 13 and Beyond

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Prisby
Need GPU Evaluation for Vegas Pro 13 and Beyond
on Nov 11, 2017 at 9:39:45 pm

I have Vegas Pro 13 and am looking to replace my dead Nvidia GTX 570 graphics card. I have seen the recommendation to switch to AMD OpenCL cards. The R9 270/290 cards are expensive to purchase new so I'm looking for another that may be as comparable but cheaper and newer. I found this XFX AMD Radeon RX 570 that looks promising but I've seen some comments about the new Radeon technology not performing as well as the old. The specs are below. I'd like to get some comments please also some recommendations for other AMD cards.

Also, is OpenCL still the best choice for Vegas Pro 15?

Thanks so much.

Model Number RX-570P4DBD6
Product Name AMD Radeon™ RX 570
Product Description RS BLK ED RX 570 4GB 1286M D5 BP 3xDP HDMI DVI
Launch Date Apr 18,2017
UPC Number 778656074408

Specifications
Bus Type PCI-E 3.0
GPU Clock 1286MHz
Stream Processors 2048
Memory Bus 256 bit
Memory Clock 7.0GHz
Memory Size 4 GB
Memory Type DDR5
Card Profile Dual
Thermal Solution DD Fansink

Outputs
Dual link Support Y
Max Supported Resolution (DIGITAL) 4096 x 2160
Output - Display Port 3
Output - HDMI 1
Output - DL-DVI-D 1

Technologies
AMD FreeSync™ 2 technology Y
Radeon™ Chill Y
ReLive Capture Y
DirectX® 12 Y
Vulkan™ Y
AMD Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) Y
Radeon™ Software Y
AMD CrossFire™ Technology Y
AMD XConnect™ Ready Y
AMD Eyefinity Technology Y
OpenCL™ Support Y
Polaris Architecture Y
AMD LiquidVR™ technology Y

Sony Vegas Pro 13 / DVD Architect Pro
Boris Continuum Complete 9.0
Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce GTX 570 superclocked
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Need GPU Evaluation for Vegas Pro 13 and Beyond
on Nov 12, 2017 at 7:31:01 pm

I would check for postings for issue with the polaris line and Vegas. https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

Polaris is a significant architecture change, and both drivers and Vegas need to support the changes to get the performance from the system. AMD drivers are always being updated, but Magix is moving much slower with support of AMD GPUs right now. Magix seems to be focusing on Intel quick sync and NVidia GPUs in the latest release of VP15. The most recent versions of Nvidia GPUs seem to support OpenCL better, which is the main thing Vegas Users wanted from their AMD GPU.

Your core system is getting pretty old to put such a new GPU on it, and it may hold the GPU back. What I would do is upgrade the core system to something that supports PCIe3 x16 slot, and increase your system memory to 16-32GB (4-8GB per core.)

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
Re: Need GPU Evaluation for Vegas Pro 13 and Beyond
on Nov 15, 2017 at 6:00:41 am

Thanks, Aaron, for your reply. Sorry for my late response, my backup laptop crashed and I had to find another computer to get back online and continue my search for a new graphics card.

Yes, I do wish I could upgrade my CPU and other hardware but it's not financially feasible right now. I am looking to decide on a graphics card to get my system up and running and will eventually build a new system around it. I've been looking at tutorials and reviews on YouTube about Vegas Pro 15 and saw that Magix replaced the Mainconcept AVC/ACC with their own as in the photo below. And, they have added the NVENC compatibility. So my questions now are would the Nvidia cards with NVENC provide a faster render using that Magix NVENC encoder than the AMD cards with OpenCL? If so, than the Nvidia may be my choice to purchase. Also, are not the Nvidia cards better with Premier and After Effects which I also own?
Thanks for your reply.

Sony Vegas Pro 13 / DVD Architect Pro
Boris Continuum Complete 9.0
Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce GTX 570 superclocked
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]