FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export VP 14 Project to Premiere/AfterEffects CC

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Hogan
Export VP 14 Project to Premiere/AfterEffects CC
on Nov 11, 2017 at 8:50:48 pm

I have a Vegas Pro 14 project containing multiple tracks of all 3840x2160 29.97p video that I want have special effects added by someone who uses Premiere and After Effects. Since my project already has color grading and some effects would it be best to just render the project out in the final delivery format and use that in Premiere and After Effects for adding special effects or is there some advantage to using VP 14's Export to Premiere After Effects? Also, would it be best to render the project at 3840x2160 29.97p for use in Premiere After Effects for adding special effects? Or since the project will finally be rendered in HD 1080p for showing in a film festival would it be best to use a 1080p render version for adding special effects in Premiere/After Effects especially since in some instances I have cropped in on the 3840x2160 video clips to go from a medium shot to a close up?
Below are the requirements for the film festival:
Digital File: Quicktime (.MOV) preferred or .mp4/.m4v using h.264
Video Format: 1920x1080 (Up-res to 1080p if necessary)
Frame rate: 23.976 or 29.97
Note – NTSC is required.
Aspect Ratio: 1920X1080 (add letter boxing or pillar boxing as necessary)
Bitrate Specs: 30Mbps (video stream only)
Audio Format: embedded into one file with video
Sample Rate: 48 kHz
Bit Depth: 24 bit
Bitrate: 192kbps
Peak Audio: -10
Any advice on which VP 14 render template to use would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Export VP 14 Project to Premiere/AfterEffects CC
on Nov 13, 2017 at 12:31:28 am

[Terry Hogan] "Since my project already has color grading and some effects would it be best to just render the project out in the final delivery format and use that in Premiere and After Effects for adding special effects or is there some advantage to using VP 14's Export to Premiere After Effects?"
The export to Premiere/After Effects will remove all of the color grading and any other effects you have applied because Premiere doesn't have the same effects so that is definitely not an option for you.

The best you can do at this point would be to render what you have to 3840x2160 29.97p and give it to whoever to add whatever. I'm guessing that whatever they are going to add will benefit from the extra resolution. If the final delivery format is 1080p it won't matter much that you cropped some of the footage already because it will be scaled back down on delivery.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
Re: Export VP 14 Project to Premiere/AfterEffects CC
on Nov 13, 2017 at 5:59:51 am

Thanks

i7 5930k 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0 Ghz water cooled processor, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Geoforce GTX 980 4GB RAM, C: drive and render to drive are SSD, project and media drive is WD Black.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]