FORUMS: list search recent posts

Previewing Prerendered video causes Vegas Pro 14 to crash

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Hogan
Previewing Prerendered video causes Vegas Pro 14 to crash
on Nov 11, 2017 at 4:57:37 pm

I tried prerendering video for the first time on a project with three video tracks VP 14. One of the tracks had ProRes 10 bit 444 clips from an Ursa mini 4.6 which was bogging down the preview. So I selected all the clips in the three tracks and chose Selectively Prerender Video/Magix ProRes422 3840x2160 29.97p. After about an hour and a half the prerender was finished and the preview was very smooth. But after about a minute of playing the preview, Vegas Pro's crash message appeared indicating VP had stopped working. So I next tried Clean up prerendered video and deleted the inactive prerendered video. The preview played about 3 minutes before crashing again. I tried rebooting my computer but got the same results. My Dynamic Ram setting is 200. I have a fast CPU with 32 GB of RAM and a Nvidia Geoforce GTX 980 video card. Vegas Pro 14 has otherwise been very stable.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get stable previewing of prerendered video?

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
Re: Previewing Prerendered video causes Vegas Pro 14 to crash
on Nov 11, 2017 at 8:01:36 pm

I now have tried using the Build Dynamic Ram Preview of all three tracks after boosting the Dynamic Ram maximum setting to 10,000 and that previews smooth and stable. But I suppose I will lose the dynamic ram preview when I shut down FP 14 and will have to rebuild it each time I go to do some editing on this project. Any comments regarding Selective prerender vs Build dynamic ram preview would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
on Nov 13, 2017 at 6:07:35 am

I messaged too soon. Today previewing Build Dynamic Ram Preivew caused VP 14 to crash. So previewing prerendered video by either method causes VP 14 to crash. Could it be that I am trying to prerender too much of the project all at one time and need to just prerender a couple of clips at a time?

i7 5930k 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0 Ghz water cooled processor, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Geoforce GTX 980 4GB RAM, C: drive and render to drive are SSD, project and media drive is WD Black.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 13, 2017 at 8:06:26 am

[Terry Hogan] "Could it be that I am trying to prerender too much of the project all at one time and need to just prerender a couple of clips at a time?"
Check where you have your Prender Folder and how much free space you have on that disc.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
on Nov 13, 2017 at 6:14:46 pm

My prerendered files location was set to C:\Users\Terry Hogan\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\ which is on an SSD drive with 751 GB of free storage space. So I have now changed it to C:\Users\Terry Hogan\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\14.0\ . I have also changed the file type for the prerendered files to xavc s long. The preview seems to be stable now with no crashes.

i7 5930k 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0 Ghz water cooled processor, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Geoforce GTX 980 4GB RAM, C: drive and render to drive are SSD, project and media drive is WD Black.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]