FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast Forward : Render is laggy

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guil Damo
Fast Forward : Render is laggy
on Nov 11, 2017 at 1:15:08 pm

Hi,

I edit a video (source from Sony HDR AVCHD) in Vegas Pro15 and if I fast forward the render is not smooth at all (jerks). I fast forward using CTRL+Left button Mouse

(Preview lags too, but I don't mind)

I tried 2 differents computers, same results.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Fast Forward : Render is laggy
on Nov 16, 2017 at 11:04:23 pm

>> if I fast forward the render is not smooth at all (jerks).

I think you meant to say the "preview" is not smooth .. The reason may be your system .. smooth preview is dependent on numerous factors .. search "preview lag" or "preview problem" ..

Return to posts index

Guil Damo
on Nov 16, 2017 at 11:13:57 pm

Preview is very laggy(but as I said before, I don't care) but sadly RENDER is not smooth at all too !

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 17, 2017 at 12:18:11 am

>> if I fast forward the render is not smooth at all (jerks). I fast forward using CTRL+Left button Mouse. (Preview lags too, but I don't mind)

I'm confused. Are you saying you "fast forward" using CTRL+Left Mouse and then when you render the timeline the playback of the rendered file is not smooth? Using CTRL+Left Mouse to speedup the timeline preview should not have any impact on rendering. Are you saying it does? Or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Guil Damo
on Nov 17, 2017 at 12:35:06 am

i'm want to fast forward (ff=speed up =fast motion...Don't know how to explain) a small piece of my final movie

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 17, 2017 at 3:16:23 am
Last Edited By Paul Berk on Nov 17, 2017 at 3:17:41 am

From "Vegas Help" on how to speed things up or slow things down:

Velocity envelopes are used to change the speed of a video event over time. For example, you could use a velocity envelope to play a clip in slow motion.

Each video event in your project has a specific duration that is not changed by velocity envelopes. Therefore, if you decrease the speed of a ten-second video event by 50%, only five seconds of video will be shown. On the other hand, if the speed is increased 200%, the ten seconds of video will play in only five seconds. The remaining five seconds of the event will be filled either with a freeze of the last frame or with ten additional seconds of video content from the media file.

Right-click a video event, choose Insert/Remove Envelope from the shortcut menu, and then choose Velocity from the submenu. A velocity envelope is drawn on the event.

Drag the envelope up to increase the playback speed of the event, or drag down to decrease its speed.

Tips:

Right-click an envelope point and choose a command from the shortcut menu to choose from velocity presets from 100% reverse-speed playback to 0% playback (a freeze-frame effect) up to 300% (triple-speed) playback.

Setting a velocity envelope to a negative value will cause the event to play in reverse. Video events can only be reversed if there is media to reverse: an event cannot be reversed past the beginning of a media file. An event that has been reversed will play backward until it gets to the first frame and will then hold that frame for the duration of the event.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]