FORUMS: list search recent posts

unknown exception 0xe06d7363 in Vegas Pro 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sotiris Hatzidavaris
unknown exception 0xe06d7363 in Vegas Pro 12
on Nov 11, 2017 at 12:22:30 pm

I am trying to launch Sony Vegas Pro 12 but it keeps appearing an error message: 

"The exception unknown software exception (0xe06d7363) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFF8BD09E08".

I don't know what exactly it is and how to fix it. I use SVPro 12 for more than 5 years and I had no issues before. A couple of days ago, I was trying to open it after a pause of two months and then the above message appeared! As far as I am concerned this must be a Windows problem. I uninstalled all third party plugins, their registry entries and tried to launch it again but the same message appears. I also uninstalled Vegas Pro 12 itself and I did a clean installation but nothing again.

My system runs under Windows 10 Pro. Any possible solutions would be much appreciated... Thank you in advance.

shatzi

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: unknown exception 0xe06d7363 in Vegas Pro 12
on Nov 11, 2017 at 3:19:50 pm

[Sotiris Hatzidavaris] "Any possible solutions would be much appreciated... Thank you in advance."
What version of .NET Framework are you running?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Sotiris Hatzidavaris
on Nov 12, 2017 at 8:10:58 am

I'm running version 4.0.30319. There are also versions 3.0 and 3.5 installed in my system.

shatzi

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 12, 2017 at 8:42:11 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Nov 12, 2017 at 8:51:33 am

[Sotiris Hatzidavaris] "I'm running version 4.0.30319. There are also versions 3.0 and 3.5 installed in my system.
"
You’re running VP12, that should work. I’m running VP14/15. As you’re on 4.0, it's required by Vegas Pro 14/15 for a couple of things. I’ve had too, could be the same for you as well? You had VP12 running on pre WIN10, maybe updating .NET would help?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Sotiris Hatzidavaris
on Nov 12, 2017 at 9:47:51 am

Thanks Graham!

I updated .NET Framework to ver. 4.6.2. I even downloaded Vegas Pro 15 trial to give it a try but the problem's still remaining! Something else must have happened but I can't figure it out. The progress bar in Vegas starting interface "stucks" in "Video creating plug-in factory...", then the exception message pops up and the program crashes!

shatzi

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 12, 2017 at 10:22:29 am

Well, moving on... What version of DirectX are running?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Sotiris Hatzidavaris
on Nov 12, 2017 at 3:41:49 pm

I am running DirectX ver. 12.

shatzi

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Nov 12, 2017 at 7:15:55 pm

I would make sure your windows updates are all fully processed.

I would consider using only Windows defender for AV and junking anything else. Then occasionally run MalwareBytes to verify the system is clean.

Run the following:

http://www.memtest.org/ -- Create a boot disk, and run a a full pass of tests with ZERO errors.

Check out: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/ -- this will verify that you do not have a bad hardware driver that is actiing up.

I wrote the following back in Dec-2015 but it still applies to the latest hardware and OS.

You may also want to run the following on your machine and verify a few things, generally in this order:

"chkdsk /f" from a command prompt, choose yes on next reboot. Reboot

Verify that all disks have no found.00x folders on them. If they do replace the storage media.

Verify storage disks have no SMART errors, or are at least green in SMART state.

Apply all windows updates, including any .NET updates.

Make sure GPU driver is latest.

Uninstall any old applications or utilities no longer used.

Run CCleaner Registry cleaner and repair issues. Reboot.

Run a Windows defender scan, and Malware Bytes scan, and repair issues found, reboot if issues found and re-run scans.

"dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" from an admin command line. You should get:

[==========================100.0%==========================]
The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. Verify you get:

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

repair any issues here. Reboot and re-run if issues repaired until you get the message above.

Make sure Vegas is running the latest build for your version, reboot if upgrade is needed.

Verify Hardware temps are ok during playback and rendering with something like Speccy or another program like it. Repair clogged heat fins or cooling issues if high temps are present.

This process will ensure the foundation of hardware and software you are running Vegas on is functioning correctly.

Return to posts index

Sotiris Hatzidavaris
on Nov 13, 2017 at 6:41:34 am

Thanks Aaron.

I use CCleaner and Malwarebytes frequently. I run them and give no errors.

I will also try the rest of your suggestions and tests and let you know.

shatzi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]